Air Fryer Lemon Cupcakes — If you are a baker looking for an easy way to make cupcakes, then the air fryer is your best friend!
I love cupcakes. And I am a huge fan of air frying everything, so when you combine my two favorite things in one, it’s the best!
Air fryers are great for cooking all sorts of foods, including baking!. This recipe is for lemon cupcakes with an air fryer that tastes like they were baked, but they’re so light and fluffy, you will think you purchased them at a bakery!
They’re perfect for eating on their own or frosted with your favorite icing. Let me know what you think if you try them out!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Lemon Cupcakes
- All-Purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Sour Cream
- Lemon Juice
How To Make Air Fryer Lemon Cupcakes
Mix the sugar, lemon zest, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. I another bowl, mix the wet ingredients, the butter, eggs, sour cream, milk, and lemon juice. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
Line your muffin tin with cupcakes liners, and then fill about 2/3 the way full. Set the muffin tin into the air fryer basket, and set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.
Let cool before frosting and decorating.
- The most common mistake when it comes to baking is adding too much flour. You can easily avoid this by using a scale for measuring all of your ingredients rather than scooping and measuring them in measuring cups.
- For best results, let the cupcakes cool before frosting them.
- I prefer using fresh lemon juice for this recipe, it adds a lot of flavors, and since you need the lemon zest for this recipe, you already have the ingredient on hand.
- If you do not have source cream, you can switch it out for regular yogurt.
- Since every air fryer is slightly different, continue to cook until the muffins are perfectly cooked. If you find that the top is browning too much, cover the muffin tightly with aluminum foil, and continue to cook until the bottoms are done.
- Place the muffin tin on the bottom tray if you make this recipe in an Air Fryer Oven Model. This way, both the bottom and top will cook at about the same time. If you put it too close to the heating element, what will happen will the top will be browned, and the bottom of the muffin will be raw.
HOW LONG WILL THESE CUPCAKES KEEP FOR?
The question is often asked by bakers, “How long will these cupcakes keep for?” The answer to this question depends on the ingredients in the recipe. Since this recipe uses fresh eggs, your cupcakes should be eaten within 2 to 3 days after being baked.
Once you frost the cupcakes with your frosting, you will need to place them into the refrigerator, covered.
HOW TO FREEZE:
This is a great make-ahead air fryer dessert that I make a lot. It’s the perfect snack when you want a quick dessert.
They will last in the freezer for 1 to 2 months. To freeze, you do not want to frost or ice them. Freeze them plain.
MORE AIR FYRER DESSERT RECIPES:
- AIR FRYER FUNFETTI CAKE
- AIR FRYER RED VELVET CAKE MIX COOKIES
- EASY AIR FRYER BANANAS FOSTER
- AIR FRYER RED VELVET CUPCAKES
- AIR FRYER HAM AND CHEESE TWISTS
- EASY AIR FRYER ICE CREAM CONE CUPCAKES
Air Fryer Lemon Cupcakes
- 1 2/3 cup all-puprose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup room temperaure, usnalted butter
- 2 large eggs, room temperuare
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperaure
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Buttercream Frosting
- Mix the sugar, lemon zest, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. I another bowl, mix the wet ingredients, the butter, eggs, sour cream, milk, and lemon juice. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Line your muffin tin with cupcakes liners, and then fill about 2/3 the way full. Set the muffin tin into the air fryer basket, and set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool before frosting and decorating.
- Frost and decorate
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Muffin Tin
- Cupcake Liners