Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers No Bacon — If you’re looking for a delicious and healthier take on jalapeno poppers, look no further! Air fryer jalapeno poppers are an easy way to enjoy one of everyone’s favorite appetizers without the grease of fried versions.
This vegan version is as flavorful but packed with nutritious ingredients like peppers, cheese, herbs, and spices to please your taste buds! Skip the bacon and try this nutritious air fryer recipe today – it will be a hit at any gathering or party!
Vegan Jalapeno Poppers Air Fryer
Are you looking for a delicious and healthy snack that’s vegan and easy to make? Look no further than vegan jalapeno poppers in the air fryer! These poppers are packed with flavor and texture, with a crispy outer shell and a creamy, spicy filling. And without bacon, they’re a guilt-free way to satisfy your craving for this classic appetizer.
Plus, cooking them in the air fryer makes them even more crispy and delicious. Get ready to impress your friends and family with this tasty and satisfying vegan snack!
Why Make Jalapeno Poppers No Bacon In Air Fryer
Making jalapeno poppers without bacon in an air fryer is an excellent option for those who are looking for a healthier and vegan alternative.
Using simple ingredients reduces the saturated fat and calories in the dish while still enjoying the spicy and creamy flavors of the traditional recipe. Additionally, cooking in an air fryer can reduce the need for oil, making it an even healthier option.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers No Bacon
If you love jalapeno poppers but want to keep things healthier with fewer ingredients, try this air fryer jalapeno poppers recipe. Deep frying is not necessary for these crunchy and delicious snacks – instead, your trusty air fryer can help make a much lighter option without sacrificing any flavor.
Remember the detailed instructions and step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Jalapenos: Choose the largest jalapenos you can find, about the same size, without blemishes.
- Cream Cheese: Use vegan cream cheese at room temperature
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese: Use freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- Egg Whites: Use egg whites or liquid egg whites
- Cornflake Crumbs: You can also use panko breadcrumbs or crushed pork rinds
- Seasoning and Spices: Garlic Powder, Red Pepper Flakes
How To Make Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers No Bacon
Do you love the rich and spicy flavor of jalapeno poppers but don’t want to use bacon? You can get that delicious seared taste and texture with an air fryer without frying in a vat of oil. As an added bonus, it’s a healthier way to enjoy classic appetizer favorites like jalapeno poppers.
Below, we’ll show you how to make some amazing air-fried jalapeno poppers without bacon – sure to be as delicious as any recipe with pork or beef! You’ll also find out tips on making them extra crispy and flavorful so even your biggest carnivore won’t miss the meat! Let’s get started!
Step One: Prepare The Jalapeno Peppers
Start by slicing the jalapenos half lengthways and removing the seeds and membranes. If you would like more heat in your jalapeno poppers, you can leave some of the seeds or add them to the filling.
Step Two: Prepare The Filling
Add the cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes in a large mixing bowl, and mix well until the filling has formed.
Step Three: Fill The Jalapeno Peppers
Use a teaspoon to fill the jalapeno halves; depending on the size of the jalapeno peppers, they will need about two teaspoons of filling.
Step Four: Air Fryer Vegan Jalapeno Peppers
Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F. Using the air fryer setting, preheat for 3-5 minutes. Spray the cooking spray over the tray at the bottom of the air fryer. Dip each jalapeno pepper into the egg whites and then into the cornflake crumbs.
Place the coated jalapeno peppers into the air fryer basket, and spray lightly with cooking spray; set the cooking time for 7-10 minutes.
Step Five: Serving
Remove from the air fryer, and serve with your favorite dipping sauce or garnish with fresh herbs.
- Use firm, firm, and firm jalapeno peppers without soft spots or blemishes.
- Wear gloves while handling jalapeno peppers to prevent burning sensations on your hands.
- For a creamier filling, use vegan cream cheese or a mixture of vegan cream cheese and vegan shredded cheese.
- Customize the filling with your favorite herbs and spices, such as cilantro, parsley, or cumin, to add more flavor.
- To make the coating extra crispy, dip the jalapeno poppers in a batter made with chickpea flour or cornstarch before air frying.
- Be sure to preheat the air fryer before adding the jalapeno poppers to ensure even cooking.
- Check the jalapeno poppers frequently while they are cooking to prevent over-browning or burning.
- Let the jalapeno poppers cool for a few minutes before serving to prevent burns from the hot filling.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use regular cheese instead of vegan cheese for this recipe?
Yes, you can use regular cheese instead of vegan cheese for this recipe if you are not following a vegan diet or have no dairy restrictions. Remember that the taste and texture may differ slightly, but it should still work well in the air fryer.
How do I know when the jalapeno poppers are cooked?
You will know when the jalapeno poppers are cooked, when the jalapenos are tender, the filling is heated through, and the cheese is melted and slightly browned on top.
This usually takes around 8-10 minutes in an air fryer at 375°F, but you can check them periodically by opening the air fryer basket and testing the doneness with a fork or toothpick. The filling should be hot, and the cheese should be melted and bubbly.
Can I make these ahead of time and reheat them in the air fryer?
Yes, you can make these jalapeno poppers ahead of time and reheat them in the air fryer. To do so, place the refrigerated or frozen jalapeno poppers in the air fryer basket and cook them at 350°F for 5-7 minutes or until heated through and crispy. However, remember that the texture may not be as crispy as when freshly cooked.
How do I prevent the jalapeno poppers from getting too spicy?
To prevent jalapeno poppers from being too spicy, you can remove the seeds and membranes from the jalapeno peppers, where most of the heat comes from. Additionally, you can soak the jalapeno peppers in cold water for 20-30 minutes before stuffing them to help remove some of the heat. Finally, if you’re particularly sensitive to spice, you can also use a milder pepper, such as poblano, instead of jalapeno.
Can I use a different type of pepper instead of jalapenos?
Yes, you can use a different type of pepper instead of jalapenos. Poblano peppers, banana peppers, or bell peppers are some options that can work well in this recipe. However, remember that using a different type of pepper can affect the flavor and spice level of the dish.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Crispy Bacon
- Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers No Bacon
- 8 large jalapeno peppers
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup cornflake crumbs
- Start by slicing the jalapenos half lengthways and removing the seeds and membranes. If you would like more heat in your jalapeno poppers, you can leave some of the seeds or add them to the filling.
- Add the cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes in a large mixing bowl, and mix well until the filling has formed.
- Use a teaspoon to fill the jalapeno halves; depending on the size of the jalapeno peppers, they will need about two teaspoons of filling.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F. Using the air fryer setting, preheat for 3-5 minutes. Spray the cooking spray over the tray at the bottom of the air fryer. Dip each jalapeno pepper into the egg whites and then into the cornflake crumbs.
- Place the coated jalapeno peppers into the air fryer basket, and spray lightly with cooking spray; set the cooking time for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer, and serve with your favorite dipping sauce or garnish with fresh herbs.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional