Air Fryer Feta, Tomato, and Basil Grilled Cheese are amazing. If you love a great sandwich, this is amazing! The blend of feta cheese, tomatoes, and basil leaves creates a great and amazing sandwich!
If you didn’t know that the air fryer does make amazing grilled cheese sandwiches, it does! The bread is perfectly toasted nad the flavors all blend together to make the perfect bite!
If you love a great sandwich, check out some of my personal favorites, some of them include:
- AIR FRYER FRENCH ONION GRILLED CHEESE
- AIR FRYER PEPPERONI GRILLED CHEESE
- EASY AIR FRYER REUBEN SANDWICH
- AIR FRYER SAUSAGE, PEPPERS, AND ONIONS
- AIR FRYER, KING HAWAIIAN HAM AND CHEESE SLIDERS
HOW TO MAKE GRILLED ANY CHEESE SANDWICH IN AIR FRYER
- Start by laying down your bread on a flat surface, and then either use butter or mayonnaise to spread on the bread.
- If you do not have hearty bread, add toothpicks so the bread does not fly around in the air fryer.
- Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray, so the bread does not stick when you flip it.
Today’s Variation, Air Fryer Feta, Tomato, and Basil Grilled Cheese
Spread Butter on one side of the bread, and then place it butter side down into the air fryer basket. Then add the tomato slices and feta.
Add the basil on top, and then cover with a piece of bread buttered, placing the butter side up.
Set the temperature for 380 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 8 minutes. Flipping halfway.
HOW MUCH CHEESE TO USE FOR GRILLED CHEESE
The trick to getting stuff to stay put during the cooking process, especially bread and light items is a toothpick; here, I put a toothpick in each corner of the bread. It worked wonderfully, and the result was awesome. I also lifted the grilled cheese by placing it on the trivet that I was lucky to get in my air fryer accessory kit, which meat that the mayonnaise did not stick to the air fryer basket. So, each side had a nice coating.
CAN YOU USE MAYO TO REPLACE BUTTER
Mayonnaise really gives this grilled cheese incredible flavor. But, if you prefer not, go right ahead and reach for butter or a butter replacement. Many people love the slight change in flavor the mayo gives the grilled cheese. It isn’t a huge difference, but it is delicious.
DOES GRILLED CHEESE STORE WELL
Unfortunately, no. You will find this sandwich is best served fresh and warm. Otherwise, your sandwich will lose the crispy texture you know and love from this sandwich.
I recommend making these when you want to eat them.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH GRILLED CHEESE
- French Fries
- Fruit Salad
Do something simple or whip up your favorite side dish. Go ahead and make whatever sounds good. We tend to do simply like chips and a pickle, or soup.
TIPS FOR MAKING AN AIR FRIED GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
- Make sure not to saturate bread with the mayo or toast up the way you want.
- If you are worried about the sandwich coming part, put a toothpick or two in the sandwich to secure it.
- You can use any bread you like, from Texas toast, whole wheat, honey oat, classic white, etc.
- Make sure not to overlap the bread, so you get an even cook.
- Also, use the cooking time as a guide. Depending on bread thickness, the time can cook fast or slower than in the recipe card.
SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS USED IN MY MAKING AIR FRYER GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
Air Fryer Feta, Tomato, and Basil Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices Sour Dough Bread
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup basil
- 2 slices feta cheese
- Spread Butter on one side of the bread, and then place it butter side down into the air fryer basket. Then add the tomato slices and feta.
- Add the basil on top, and then cover with a piece of bread buttered, placing the butter side up.
- Set the temperature for 380 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 8 minutes. Flipping halfway.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer