My mother was a great baker, she always baked muffins on Sunday, and we would bring them to our walk to school on Monday mornings. This was great because Monday’s for most people are slowly starting days. So, having a portable breakfast was important, and since I’m old, we didn’t own a microwave or eat frozen foods. So, having an on the go-to breakfast was awesome in my eyes.
My kids have the same problem on Mondays, so I made muffins, on Sunday night, just like my mom and they always grab them on Monday mornings. I guess traditions are important. So, if you are having trouble with breakfast, try this one, and let me know how they work for you.
Muffins are the perfect breakfast food. They are a great healthy alternative for breakfast on the go. Whatever the muffin, it’s sure to be sweet, crumbly and delicious.
I love eating muffins all year round; they are perfect on the go-to breakfast. I always make a huge batch on Sunday, so my husband can bring them to work during the week. These are my favorite muffins, I have been eating them since I was a little girl. I’m not sure where the recipe came from, but they are amazing! My kids also love them, because they are nice and chocolaty, who doesn’t love chocolate.
This morning, I used my new Instant Pot, Vortex Plus, Air Fryer, which I purchased additional trays for, I found these too at Amazon and ordered them, they work perfectly, as you can see from the picture. So, if you need additional accessories for the Vortex, you can find them here:
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
Air Fryer, Easy Lime Pie
These are so easy and so fast, my two favorite things. They have an amazing zest taste to them, My kids loved eating them and they would make for great party food or Holiday food.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 50
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 4 egg yolks (only yolks)
Additional: Whipped Cream, lime slices
- Start by making the crust, in a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, salt and then cut in the butter, until well blended. Add the egg yolk, cream, and vanilla extract. Mix well. until everything is well combined.
- Place in the refrigerator for about an hour and a half.
- Then roll out your dough, about 1/5 inch thick. Place the tart dough into the pan, you are using.
- Place the tart dough into the air fryer for 6 minutes at 320 degrees F, check and see if it’s browned. If not add a few minutes. The exact time will depend on your air fryer, and what tart pan you are using.
- Let cool slightly, before filling.
- To Make the filling:
- In a small mixing bowl, add the sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, zest, powdered sugar, egg yolks.
- Mix well, until all of the eggs are blended in.
- Then fill the tart with the filling.
- As you fill the tarts place them in your air fryer tray or basket.
- Set the temperature to 320 degrees F, for 5 minutes.
- Let them cool about 10 minutes, before adding whipped cream, and/or lime slices.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!