Welcome to dessert heaven! Air Fryer Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes are a delicious, decadent treat that will leave your taste buds begging for more.
This easy dessert recipe is perfect for dinner parties and special occasions like birthdays or anniversaries. A classic combination of chocolate, strawberries, and flaky biscuits is elevated with the addition of a crispy air-fried topping.
Are you looking to satisfy your sweet tooth with a delicious and fun dessert? Look no further than these Air Fryer Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes!
These delightful, decadent treats are made in minutes right in your air fryer. You’ll love the combination of sweet strawberries, creamy chocolate ganache, and crunchy golden biscuits, all nestled together for the perfect bite.
Plus, since it’s cooked entirely in an air fryer, you don’t have to worry about turning on the oven or making a mess — layer everything up and pop it in to get a perfectly flavorful treat every time. So what are you waiting for? Read on to learn how to make Air Fryer Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes today!
The Best Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
Are you craving something truly decadent and delicious? If so, this delectable chocolate strawberry shortcake recipe is perfect for indulging your sweet tooth.
It features a combination of soft chocolate cake, creamy vanilla frosting, fresh strawberries, and crunchy streusel, making it one of the best desserts!
Whether you’re hosting a get-together or want to treat yourself after a long day at work, this easy-to-make dessert will surely satisfy any cravings. So grab some ingredients and read on for steps that show how to turn these simple ingredients into a fantastic masterpiece.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes
You can make your favorite homemade desserts with less effort with an air fryer. In this blog post, we’ll discuss how easy it is to create heavenly air fryer chocolate strawberry shortcakes by detailing the ingredients needed. Let’s delve in and get started!
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Flour: Use all-purpose flour
- Sugar: Use white granulated sugar; if you want a lower-sugar recipe, you can replace it with your favorite sugar substitute.
- Cocoa Powder: For the best flavor, use unsweetened cocoa powder
- Baking Soda and Baking Powder: Make sure they are both fresh
- Kosher Salt: For flavor
- Butter: Use cold or frozen unsalted butter that has been diced.
- Semisweet Chocolate: Finely diced, you can also use bittersweet chocolate
- Egg Yolks: Use cold egg yolks from large eggs
- Heavy Cream: Cold, you can also use coconut milk or almond milk
- Filling: Made with Fresh Straeberies that have been hulled and quartered, granulated sugar, lemon juice, and heavy whipping cream.
How To Make Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes In Air Fryer
Who doesn’t love a warm and delicious dessert? Chocolate strawberry shortcakes are the perfect combination of sweet and tart, with layers of fluffy cake, decadent chocolate ganache, and fresh strawberries.
The great news is that you don’t have to slave over your stovetop to enjoy this tasty treat – you can make it right at home in an air fryer! Read on for my step-by-step tutorial that will show you how easy it is to make these irresistible chocolate strawberry shortcakes in your own kitchen. You won’t believe just how simple and fast these indulgent desserts can be!
Step One: Prepare The Air Fryer
Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F, using the air fryer setting, and line the air fryer basket with parchment paper, or spray it with cooking spray.
Step Two: Prepare The Chocolate Shortcakes
In a large bowl, add the flour, 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt.
Mix well until combined. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, add the diced butter, and mix until you have a crumbly mixture. Add in the diced chocolate, egg yolks, and heavy cream, and mix until your dough has formed.
Step Three: Dough
Divide the dough into 8 equal-sized portions of dough balls. Use a rolling pin, and flatten the dough into a 1-inch circle. In a shallow bowl, add the 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, and coat both sides of the chocolate biscuit.
Step Four: Air Fry
Place the biscuits onto the parchment paper, and set the cooking time for 5-8 minutes, or when they are fully cooked. Remove and let cool for 20-30 minutes.
Step Five: Prepare The Filling
In a large mixing bowl, add the heavy whipping cream, and lemon juice, and whip until you make the homemade whipped cream.
Step Six: Assemble
Toss the strawberries with the granulated sugar, and then assemble. Place the shortcake on the bottom, add whipped cream, and sprinkle with some strawberries, then add another shortcake and add more whipped cream and garnish with more strawberries.
Tips For Making The Best Air Fried Chocolate Shortcakes
Air frying is one of the quickest and simplest methods for making delicious desserts. If you’re looking for a way to make the best air-fried chocolate shortcakes, here are some tips that can help!
Choose Your Chocolate Wisely
When air frying your chocolate shortcakes, it’s important to use good-quality chocolate. Look for high-cacao percentage dark chocolate with minimal additives or dairy content. This will ensure that you achieve rich, intense flavor in your shortcake.
Preparing The Dough
To get the most out of your dough, it’s best to prepare it ahead of time and let it rest overnight in the fridge. Make sure to roll the dough out evenly and press down firmly when shaping your cakes or biscuits.
Air Frying At The Right Temperature
The ideal temperature range for air frying your shortcakes is between 320-350°F. Depending on the type of air fryer you have, this may vary slightly so always check the manual or instructions first.
Once cooked, allow your chocolate shortcakes to cool on a wire rack before serving.
How To Store Shortcakes
Shortcakes are one of the most delicious desserts, and they should be treated with care. Learning how to store them properly can help ensure that they last longer so you can enjoy them for more than just one meal! Here are a few tips for storing shortcakes:
Room Temperature Storage
For short-term storage, shortcakes can be kept at room temperature. Place them on a wire rack lined with parchment paper or waxed paper and cover them with a clean tea towel or plastic wrap. This will help keep the cakes from drying out.
If you need to store your cakes for a longer period of time, put them in an airtight container and place them in the refrigerator. Make sure there is no condensation on the lid or inside the container before sealing it up. The cakes should last up to five days this way.
To make sure your shortcakes last even longer, you can freeze them in an airtight container for up to two months. When thawing frozen cakes, always start by removing them from their containers and placing them on a wire rack lined with parchment paper or waxed paper before putting them back into their containers when cooled down.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER CRACKER BARREL MACARONI AND CHEESE
- AIR FRYER SALMON TERIYAKI LETTUCE CUPS
- BEAN AND CHEESE AIR FRYER TAQUITOS
- AIR FRYER MAC AND CHEESE BITES
- AIR FRYER JALAPENO POPPER DIP
Air Fryer Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus 1/2 cup for topping
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cold and diced
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate, diced
- 2 large egg yolks, cold
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 5 cups strawberries, diced, and hulled
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a large bowl, add the flour, 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt.
- Mix well until combined. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, add the diced butter, and mix until you have a crumbly mixture. Add in the diced chocolate, egg yolks, and heavy cream, and mix until your dough has formed.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal-sized portions of dough balls. Use a rolling pin, and flatten the dough into a 1-inch circle. In a shallow bowl, add the 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, and coat both sides of the chocolate biscuit.
- Place the biscuits onto the parchment paper, and set the cooking time for 5-8 minutes, or when they are fully cooked. Remove and let cool for 20-30 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the heavy whipping cream, and lemon juice, and whip until you make the homemade whipped cream.
- Toss the strawberries with the granulated sugar, and then assemble. Place the shortcake on the bottom, add whipped cream, and sprinkle with some strawberries, then add another shortcake and add more whipped cream and garnish with more strawberries.
- Air Fryer
- Hand Mixer
- Parchment Paper