I do spray the parchment paper with non-stick cooking spray since if you didn’t the cookies would stick to the paper, and after they were done the cooking you wouldn’t be able to get them off (I tried and failed 2x before I came to that conclusion)
Here are some great tips for making the perfect cookie, in or out of the air fryer:
- Always read the recipe before you start. This way you ensure that you have all of the ingredients.
- Assemble all of the tools that you will need before you start. Once you start making cookies, your hands will get nice and gooey.
- Use the correct pans, making cookies on different pans, required different cookies times and temperatures. This should be noted on the recipe.
The tips for making cookies in the air fryer is to know your machine. I always put 2 cookies in to start, because every machine is different, the cookies will be done in two different machines at different times. So, I start with two cookies and then use 320 degrees F, as a starting point. Since, I want my food to be moist, soft and delicious. I usually start all of my baking at that temperature. Today, I used the 350 degrees F, because last time I made cookies, that is what I found working with my machine. BUT again every machine is different, so you have to experiment. But once you find the point you should write it down on a piece of paper and stick it to your refrigerator.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
This is a really easy dessert, especially if you are in the mood for cookies. Making one large cookie cuts down for multiple trips to the air fryer for changing out the dough. I served this to my kids and they loved it, nice and gooey in the middle.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk only
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Start by mixing the flour, salt, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- Then add the room temperature butter,
- Then mix in the brown sugar and regular sugar.
- Then mix in the egg and egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Mix really well, scraping down the sides of the bowl
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Then spray your air fryer safe pan with olive oil spray.
- Press the dough firmly into the prepared pan.
- Place your pan into air fryer oven or into the basket, and set the temperature for 350 degrees for 10 minutes, after 10 minutes check with a toothpick to see if the middle is cooked, if not continue to bake until it’s golden brown, and the toothpick comes out clean.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer chocolate chip cookies air fryer sugar cookies air fryer cookie cake air fryer peanut butter cookies air fryer recipes air fryer desserts air fryer pizookie recipe air fryer chocolate cake