HOW TO MAKE THE BEST FROZEN FRENCH FRIES IN THE AIR FRYER
There is nothing quite like a meat and potato meal. It is one of the most classic meals, you have in America.
Everyone loves potatoes! And good to know that there are hundreds of ways to cook them. Whether you want to use the Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker), air fryer or just make them in your oven, they all full of flavor. The key to a great dish is spices, you need to use lots of different spices in your potato dish until you find one that you really like on potatoes. I used to hate salt on my potatoes, but my son loves them, so one day, I let him season them. I realize that good old salt and pepper, applied in LARGE quantities, really seasoned the potatoes well, so after that, I used to add more than I usually did, and everyone complimented me on my potato dishes. So, experiment, find out what spice you like and adapt it to any potato recipe.
Another great reason for using potatoes as your side dish is that they are so budget-friendly, these are usually on sale at the grocery store, at least twice a month, so take that time and grab yourself a package/bundle. You can literally turn one package of potatoes for about $3.00 for a 5-pound bag, into about 3 dishes. So, that’s a real budget saver.
Potatoes are used around the world for dishes, in Italy, they use potatoes to make gnocchi, in Africa, they make North African potato soup. They are able to be stored for a long time, which is why, before refrigeration, they used tons of them.
Here are some great hints for storing potatoes:
- Store potatoes in a cold, well-ventilated area.
- Never store potatoes in the refrigerator, any temperature lower than 50 degrees F, changes the texture of the potato and will affect the taste of the potato dish.
- If you do choose to store potatoes in the refrigerator, let them slowly come to room temperature, before you cook the potatoes.
- Paper bags work amazingly when you are storing potatoes
- Do not wash the potatoes, before storing them.
- If your potatoes have started to sprout, do not despair, just simply cut the sprout off, they are still safe to eat.
- If your potatoes have turned green, this is due to a chemical called Solanine, which means that the potato should be discarded, note: eating them in large quantities can cause you to get ill, so it’s best to throw away.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin—-Print
Air Fryer, Chili Cheese Fries
This is an easy way to get a great french fry, directly from the air fryer. Whether you use a basket or tray the method is similar. Today, I elevated the french fries by adding some toppings! #FamilyFavorite #KidApproved #Gone
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 14
- Total Time: 19
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish, Appetizre
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 package of frozen french fries
- salt and pepper to taste
- 15 ounces chili
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Start by pour the frozen french fries directly into the air fryer basket.
- Set the temperature to 400 degrees F, for 7 minutes. After 7 minutes, either shake the basket or use tongs to flip the french fries.
- Set the timer for another 7 minutes.
- Simply add heated up chili sauce, (with or without beans) shredded cheddar cheese, and a tablespoon of sour cream. And Enjoy!
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Depending on the brand of air fryer, the time will vary within a few minutes. I noticed that air fryer ovens tend to cook faster than basket air fryers.
Do not overcrowd your basket, or tray as they will not cook evenly.
Keywords: air fryer frozen french fries time and temp power air fryer frozen french fries frozen crinkle fries in air fryer air fryer frozen crinkle french fries how long do you air fryer frozen french fries how long do you cook frozen french fries in an air fryer cuisinart air fryer frozen french fries how to cook frozen french fries in power air fryer oven