Doesn’t that look good! It’s so delicious, light and flaky, and the crust is awesome.
This is one of the easiest air fryer recipes, this makes a mean pie in a matter of minutes, less than 5 minutes, to prepare, and you can have a great pie tart (a slight version on Homemade Pecan Pie) on your table.
- 2 cans apple pie filling
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 prepared or homemade pie crust
- egg wash
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- Start by adding the apples, into a large bowl.
- Then mix in the ground cinnamon, sugar, and cornstarch. Mix well, as to coat all of the apples.
- Then roll out the dough (I used prepared, but feel free to use homemade) onto the air fryer tray or basket.
- Scoop the apples in the center of the dough. Leaving enough edges uncovered to fold up.
- Fold up the edges, and then press them closed. *using your fingers.
- Crack the egg whites into a small bowl, mix in 2 tablespoons of water, and beat.
- Brush egg whites over the edges. Then sprinkle sugar over the edges.
- Set the air fryer temperature to 320 degrees for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, check carefully to make sure that the bottom is cooked, if not add another 5 minutes at 300 degrees F (air fryer setting)
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!