Yummy! This was today’s breakfast, my kids were in heaven.
My mother was a great baker, she always baked every evening, so that we would have something delicious to bring to school the next day. Back in the olden days, we actually walked and during those walks, we ate our breakfast, as we were always running late. On Sunday night, I remember her baking, and we would always have muffins, and we would bring them to our walk to school on Monday mornings. This was great because Monday’s for most people are slowly starting days. So, having a portable breakfast was important, and since I’m old, we didn’t own a microwave or eat frozen foods. So, having an on the go to breakfast was excellent in my eyes.
My kids have the same problem on all of the days of the week, we are always running late. My youngest son has a half an hour drive to school, so he always eats in the car. My oldest one is barely making it to school on time, so he eats, as my husband drops him off. Both my husband and I try to gulp our coffee down during the commutes. He eats on the way to work, I prefer to wait and eat alone when I get home. And I usually sit and figure out what I am going to make for my blog that day.
I have a long laundry list of items, I would like to make, so if you have any suggestions, I am always open to them. Today, I conquered my day’s task of making homemade biscuit donuts with a chocolate glaze. Since my entire family is chocolate lovers, as you can imagine this breakfast went over quite well.
Here are some other of my tried and true recipes:
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
Air Fryer, Cinnamon-Sugar Donuts
This is such a family treat. They are so easy to make, and they hardly take any time to prepare, I usually make a batch so my family can enjoy a lazy Sunday day.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 can biscuits
- 2 apples
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Start by laying out your biscuits on a cutting board.
- Roll them out with a rolling pin, so you get a larger circle/
- Then cut your apples, so that you get a nice, but relatively thin slice, to put into the dough.
- In a small bowl mix the sugar and cinnamon
- Put a tablespoon in the center of the apple.
- Wrap them up, so you have a small bundle and as you make them, place them into the air fryer basket. (Which should be sprayed with olive oil, so the donuts do not stick)
- Air Fry for 7 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- As you remove them, place them on the cutting board to cool slightly. Just cool enough so you can hold them, to dip them.
- Dip them into the butter.
- Then dip them into the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
- Look at the baked apples inside, yummy!