Air Fryer AIP Scallops — Dive into healthy, flavorful cooking with our latest culinary adventure: Air Fryer AIP (Autoimmune Protocol) Scallops.
Perfect for those following the AIP diet or anyone looking to enjoy a simple, delicious, and health-conscious meal, this recipe is a game-changer. Cooking scallops in the air fryer minimizes the use of added fats and preserves the scallops’ delicate texture and sweet flavor, making them a perfect quick and easy meal option.
Our Air Fryer AIP Scallops are designed with your health and taste buds in mind. By adhering to the AIP guidelines, which focus on reducing inflammation and promoting gut health, this recipe avoids ingredients that can trigger autoimmune responses, making it a safe and savory choice for those with dietary sensitivities. The simplicity of the ingredients enhances the natural, ocean-fresh flavor of the scallops, while the quick cooking time ensures they come out perfectly tender every time.
Whether you’re strictly following the AIP diet, looking for anti-inflammatory meal options, or simply searching for a delicious seafood dish that’s both easy to prepare and good for you, these Air Fryer AIP Scallops will not disappoint. Get ready to enjoy a dish that’s satisfying and mouthwateringly good and supports your wellness journey. Stay tuned for the full recipe and discover how to make this gourmet treat a staple in your healthy eating repertoire!
Easy AIP Scallop Recipe
This Easy AIP (Autoimmune Protocol) Scallop Recipe is a testament to the idea that following a healing diet doesn’t mean sacrificing flavor or indulging in time-consuming cooking processes.
Perfectly suited for anyone on an AIP diet, this recipe highlights the natural, subtle sweetness of scallops, cooking them to perfection with AIP-friendly ingredients that ensure each bite is both nourishing and delicious. The simplicity of this dish, combined with the elegance of its flavors, makes it an ideal choice for a quick weeknight dinner that feels gourmet, or a special meal that adheres to your dietary needs without compromising on taste or quality.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
You’ll love this recipe not only for its adherence to AIP dietary restrictions but also for its minimalistic approach, requiring just a few ingredients and steps, yet delivering a dish packed with the rich, satisfying flavors of the sea.
The use of the air fryer means less cooking oil is needed, making this a healthier option that still provides a delightful texture and taste.
Moreover, this recipe is incredibly versatile; it can be served atop a bed of mixed greens, alongside roasted vegetables, or as a stunning appetizer that’s sure to impress. Its quick preparation time ensures you can enjoy a gourmet-quality meal any night of the week, making it a go-to recipe for anyone looking to enjoy the health benefits of the AIP diet without spending hours in the kitchen.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer AIP Scallops
Embark on a culinary journey that’s both healthful and flavorful with our Air Fryer AIP Scallops recipe. Carefully selected to comply with the Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) diet, each ingredient promises to bring out the best in your scallops, ensuring a dish that’s as nutritious as it is delicious.
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below, in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Large Sea Scallops: The star of the dish, sea scallops, offer a sweet, tender bite full of ocean flavor, making them perfect for a quick, gourmet meal that’s AIP-friendly.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: A heart-healthy fat that’s AIP-compliant, extra virgin olive oil is used to coat the scallops lightly, enhancing their flavor and ensuring a golden finish without the need for high-inflammatory oils.
- Garlic Powder: Adds a gentle, aromatic warmth to the scallops, infusing them with flavor while keeping the recipe AIP-compliant; garlic powder is a great way to add depth to dishes without fresh alliums.
- Sea Salt: A touch of sea salt draws out the scallops’ natural sweetness, highlighting their delicate flavor without overpowering it.
- Lemon Juice: Fresh lemon juice brings a bright, citrusy accent to the dish, cutting through the richness of the scallops and adding a refreshing note that enhances their natural taste.
Each of these ingredients has been chosen not only for their ability to comply with the AIP diet but also to ensure that every bite of your scallops is bursting with flavor, making this dish a simple yet sophisticated addition to your AIP meal plan.
How To Make AIP Scallops
Making AIP (Autoimmune Protocol) friendly scallops in your air fryer is a simple, quick, and delicious way to enjoy a gourmet meal that aligns with your dietary needs. Here’s a step-by-step guide to creating this nutritious dish:
Prep the Scallops: Start by patting the scallops dry with paper towels. It’s crucial to remove as much moisture as possible to ensure they get a nice sear in the air fryer.
Season: In a bowl, gently toss the scallops with extra virgin olive oil, garlic powder, and sea salt. Make sure each scallop is evenly coated with the seasoning for the best flavor.
Preheat the Air Fryer: Set your air fryer to 400°F (about 200°C) and allow it to preheat for a few minutes. A preheated air fryer ensures the scallops start cooking immediately, aiding in achieving a good sear.
Arrange the Scallops: Place the scallops in the air fryer basket in a single layer, ensuring they are not touching. This helps them cook evenly and allows the hot air to circulate around each scallop, giving them a nice crust.
Cook: Air fry the scallops for about 6-8 minutes or until they are opaque and slightly firm to the touch. There’s no need to flip them halfway through cooking unless your air fryer model recommends it.
Serve with Lemon: Once cooked, immediately transfer the scallops to a serving dish. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top just before serving to add a bright, citrusy flavor that complements the sweetness of the scallops perfectly.
Enjoy your AIP-friendly scallops as a light and satisfying main course, or pair them with your favorite AIP-compliant sides for a complete meal. This dish not only meets dietary restrictions with ease but also brings a touch of elegance to your dining table without much effort.
Perfecting Air Fryer AIP Scallops requires a bit of know-how to ensure they come out tender, flavorful, and compliant with the Autoimmune Protocol. Here are some pro tips to elevate your AIP scallop game:
- Quality Matters: Opt for fresh, dry-packed scallops when possible. These have no added chemicals or water, ensuring they sear beautifully and taste their best. Frozen scallops can work too, but make sure they’re fully thawed and patted dry.
- Uniform Size: Try to select scallops that are uniform in size for even cooking. This prevents smaller scallops from overcooking and drying out before the larger ones are done.
- Preheat Your Air Fryer: Always preheat your air fryer for the best results. A preheated air fryer ensures a quick and even sear, mimicking the high heat of pan-searing.
- Avoid Overcrowding: Space out the scallops in the air fryer basket. Good air circulation is crucial for that perfect sear and to ensure they cook evenly.
- Season Well: Even within AIP constraints, you can achieve great flavor. Alongside garlic powder and sea salt, consider AIP-compliant dried herbs like basil or oregano for variety.
- Use High-Quality Oil: Since you’re using minimal ingredients, the quality of your olive oil can make a difference. A good quality extra virgin olive oil will add a subtle, fruity depth to your scallops.
- Timing is Key: Scallops cook quickly, so keep an eye on them. Overcooked scallops can become tough and chewy. Depending on their size, they typically need just 6-8 minutes.
- Rest Before Serving: Let the scallops sit for a minute or two after cooking. This brief rest allows the juices to redistribute, ensuring your scallops are moist and flavorful from edge to center.
- Lemon is Your Friend: Don’t skimp on the lemon juice. Its acidity balances the scallops’ richness and enhances their natural sweetness, adding a fresh, bright finish that makes the dish pop.
- Experiment with AIP Compliant Dips: While the scallops are flavorful on their own, consider serving them with an AIP-friendly dip or sauce, like an avocado lime dressing or a coconut cream-based sauce, for added variety and taste.
By following these tips, you can enjoy delicious, tender scallops that not only satisfy your palate but also adhere to the dietary guidelines of the Autoimmune Protocol, making them a healthy and indulgent treat.
What makes scallops AIP-compliant? Scallops are naturally AIP-compliant as they are a type of seafood that doesn’t contain any of the common allergens or inflammation-causing ingredients that the Autoimmune Protocol diet seeks to avoid. They’re rich in nutrients and an excellent protein source for those on AIP.
Can I use frozen scallops for this recipe? Yes, you can use frozen scallops, but it’s important to thaw them thoroughly and pat them dry to remove excess moisture. This ensures they will sear properly in the air fryer and not steam.
How do I avoid rubbery scallops? The key to avoiding rubbery scallops is not to overcook them. Scallops cook quickly, usually within 6-8 minutes in an air fryer at 400°F. They should be opaque and slightly firm to the touch when done.
Are there any AIP-friendly seasonings I can add to scallops? Yes, there are several AIP-friendly seasonings you can use. In addition to sea salt and garlic powder, you can use fresh herbs like basil, parsley, or cilantro, as well as AIP-compliant dried herbs and spices like turmeric, ginger, and mace for variety and flavor.
Can I make these scallops without an air fryer? While this recipe is designed for an air fryer, you can adapt it for stovetop cooking. Use a well-heated skillet with a bit of olive oil, and sear the scallops for about 2-3 minutes on each side until they are cooked through and have a golden crust.
How can I tell when the scallops are done cooking? Scallops are done when their centers are opaque and they have a slightly firm texture. You can also use an instant-read thermometer; the internal temperature should reach 125°F to 130°F for perfectly cooked scallops.
What sides pair well with AIP scallops? For a complete AIP-friendly meal, pair scallops with sides like mashed cauliflower, sautéed greens (kale, spinach), roasted root vegetables, or a fresh salad dressed with an AIP-compliant dressing.
How do I store leftover AIP scallops? Leftover scallops can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat gently to avoid overcooking, preferably in a skillet over low heat.
Can I meal prep with AIP scallops? Yes, you can prepare scallops in advance and store them in the refrigerator. However, for the best texture and flavor, it’s recommended to cook them fresh when possible. Prepping your seasoning mix or AIP sides in advance can save time.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER BOSTON BROWN BREAD
- AIR FRYER HOMEMADE PIZZA ROLLS
- EASY AIR FRYER COPYCAT DUNKIN DONUTS MAPLE BACON CROISSANTS
- AIR FRYER MAPLE BACON DIP
- AIR FRYER PERUVIAN LOMO SALTADO
Don’t Forget To Pin!
Air Fryer AIP Scallops
- 1 pound large sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, ensure AIP compliance
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh lemon juice, from about half a lemon
- Prep the Scallops: Start by patting the scallops dry with paper towels. It’s crucial to remove as much moisture as possible to ensure they get a nice sear in the air fryer.
- Season: In a bowl, gently toss the scallops with extra virgin olive oil, garlic powder, and sea salt. Make sure each scallop is evenly coated with the seasoning for the best flavor.
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Set your air fryer to 400°F (about 200°C) and allow it to preheat for a few minutes. A preheated air fryer ensures the scallops start cooking immediately, aiding in achieving a good sear.
- Arrange the Scallops: Place the scallops in the air fryer basket in a single layer, ensuring they are not touching. This helps them cook evenly and allows the hot air to circulate around each scallop, giving them a nice crust.
- Cook: Air fry the scallops for about 6-8 minutes, or until they are opaque and slightly firm to the touch. There’s no need to flip them halfway through cooking unless your air fryer model recommends it.
- Serve with Lemon: Once cooked, immediately transfer the scallops to a serving dish. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top just before serving to add a bright, citrusy flavor that complements the sweetness of the scallops perfectly.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional