The sauce adds a great flavor to the chicken, along with the rub. My kids love it because it reminds them of chicken orange chicken, but better, because they can have it at home. This chicken is moist, flavorful and has a great texture as well. My entire family ate it, and it can be made ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil and keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat.
I purchased our air fryer last April, and then I purchased another air fryer in December, and yet, I just ordered another one this week. It has quickly become one of our favorite kitchen appliances, and it replaced my oven. The other day, I was dusting my oven, and I was thinking, when was the last time, I used this?
The air fryer is nice and light and with very little oil, you too can get healthy, crisped dinners (chicken, etc). And, it saves you a ton of time, because it doesn’t require you to wait for the oven to preheat, and the dishes quickly cook, compared to the oven.
Here are some tips for air frying chicken:
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken.
Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light and tender.
- Because eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
- This is one of the tastiest and easiest chicken dishes to make in the air fryer, it’s low in sugar, Gluten Free, part of the KETO diet, and sugar-free. It’s a must do recipe.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin:
Air Fryer--Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
Easy and tasty.
- 2 packages refrigerated package of Crescent Dough
- 1 10 3/4 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 12 ounce package of frozen mixed vegetables
Start by preparing your plate. See the items for used in this recipe. Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Then roll the dough out, so that it doesn't have a seam.
In a large bowl, mix together the cream of chicken soup, milk, cooked diced chicken and package of the frozen mixed vegetables.
Place the dough into the air fryer safe pan.
Fill the pot pie with the filling.
Then roll out another layer for the top crust.
Gently place it over it and seal the edges.
Set the temperature to 320 degrees for 12 minutes. After about 6 minutes check and adjust your time accordingly. Remember you just want the dough to cook and the insides to get warmed.
When fully cooked both the top and bottom crusts, remove from the air fryer.
Let cool slightly.
Then plate, serve and enjoy!