Instant Pot Mexican Queo is amazingly awesome. It makes a perfect dip for any occasion. I love sharing, and this is the perfect dip.
- 1-pound ground beef (you can also use ground turkey for a healthier alternative)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced (remove seeds or keep seeds for spicier queso!)
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk (or half n half)
- 1 can Rotel
- ¼ teaspoon salt (add more according to your liking)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups fiesta blend cheese, shredded
- Set your Instant Pot to sauté mode. Once it is hot, add in your meat, and break it up into small pieces. Continue to sauté until brown. Once done, drain and set the meat aside.
- Still having your Instant Pott on sauté mode, Add in your onions. Continue to stir as they soften. Keep them in the pot for about 3 to 5 minutes until fully softened. Once the onions are done, adding your jalapeños for an additional minute. Mix.
- Add in the garlic, chili powder, and cumin. Stir all of the ingredients together for about 1 more minute.
- Mix in your Rotel and salt and pepper.
- Pour in your milk and scrape the pan’s bottom to remove any residue from the meat or vegetables. This will add extra flavor to your queso.
- Add the meat to your pot.
- Keeping your instant pot on sauté mode, use the + button to increase your Instant Pot heat. Whisk well and allow it to boil.
- Once it has reached a high boil, keep it there for one minute.
- Add in all of your cheese, mix, and then put your lid on the Instant Pot. Leave it for five minutes to melt.
- Remove the lid, transfer to your favorite serving bowl, and enjoy!
Keywords: Instant Pot Queso