Now, I’m not a complicated gal. If you met me in real life, you would see that.
I’m working on a new title for my blog. But meanwhile, I’m a homeschool mom, that loves to cook.
I also have some VERY picky eaters in my house. So, my meals tend to be quick.
I would love to go back to the olden days, where I would cook all day and the kids would sit down and enjoy it. But, I don’t think I”m quite there yet!
Meanwhile, I have two Instant Pots, which I am having fun with!
I usually write one a day, so if you want to follow me, I’m at
If you have a request or want to share your recipe. I would love to hear from you!
- 4 large onions
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 5 cups of stock/broth (any type works)
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- Gruyere cheese
- French bread
- Start by slicing the onions thin, once you have them done, add the butter and oil to your Instant Pot Bowl, then press the saute button.
- Once the butter starts to melt and the oil is hot, add your onions.
- Remember to keep on moving the onions, so they don't stick and then eventually burn.
- Once the onions are cooked, add your broth or stock.
- Then add your lid, and set the manual high pressure for 10 minutes, when the timer beeps, just let it naturally release.
- When you can, remove the lid, mix well.
- Then place a piece of french bread into each bowl, then pour the soup into them. Top each bowl with a portion of cheese.
- Broil, until the cheese is melted.
- Remove and let the soup cool a bit, before serving.