Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup is a hearty, flavorful soup that is perfect for a winter night. It is packed with chicken, beans, corn, and tomatoes, and it has just the right amount of spice. The Instant Pot makes it quick and easy to make, and it is sure to become a family favorite. Serve it with tortilla chips and sour cream for a delicious meal.
Tis the season for comfort food, and what could be more comforting than a big bowl of chicken enchilada soup? This easy recipe can be made in an Instant Pot, meaning that you can have a piping hot meal on the table with minimal effort. Simply add all of the ingredients to the pot and let it do its magic. In less than an hour, you’ll have a hearty soup that’s packed with flavor. Best of all, this dish is perfect for leftovers. So go ahead and make a double batch—you’ll be glad you did!
What Is Chicken Enchilada Soup?
Chicken enchilada soup is a hearty and flavorful soup that typically includes chicken, tomatoes, onions, peppers, and spices. While the exact ingredients can vary depending on the recipe, most versions of chicken enchilada soup are served with tortilla chips and shredded cheese on top. The soup can also be garnished with sour cream, cilantro, or avocado. Chicken enchilada soup is a popular choice for both home cooks and restaurant chefs alike, as it is relatively easy to make and can be tailored to suit a variety of taste preferences. Whether you’re looking for a comforting wintertime meal or a satisfying summertime lunch, chicken enchilada soup is an excellent option.
Do You Love Chili’s Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe
Chili’s chicken enchilada soup is one of the most popular items on the menu. The copycat recipe is simple to make and just as delicious. The soup is made with chicken, cheese, and a variety of spices. It is then topped with sour cream and served with a side of tortilla chips. The soup is hearty and filling, and the perfect comfort food for a cold winter night. Whether you are a fan of Chili’s restaurant or not, this copycat recipe is sure to please. Give it a try the next time you are in the mood for a delicious and comforting soup.
Ingredients Needed For Enchilada Soup Instant Pot
Enchilada soup is a hearty and flavorful dish that is surprisingly easy to make. All you need are a few simple ingredients, and the Instant Pot does the rest of the work. The result is a delicious and satisfying soup that will leave you feeling full and happy. And best of all, it’s healthy too! So if you’re looking for an easy and delicious way to get your daily dose of vitamins and minerals, look no further than enchilada soup.
- Chicken: You can eitehr sure boneless, cjhickn thighs, or bonless chicken breaset.
- Vegeatbles: Packed with vegables, I used orange bell peppers, tomtaoes, green chiles, avacods, and limes.
- Sauce: Made from chicken broth, and tomato sauce.
- Cheese: Use a blend of youf favorite Meixcan cheeses
- Seasonings and Spices: Chili Powder, Ground Cumin, Chiptole Powder, Smoked Paprika, Garlic Powder, Cilantro, Salt, and Black Pepper.
How To Cook Chicken Enchilada Soup In Your Pressure Cooker
Place the chicken thighs, bell pepper, tomato, and green chiles in an Instant Pot® cooking container. Pour the chicken broth and tomato sauce on top and sprinkle with the chili powder, ground cumin, chipotle powder, smoked paprika, and garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
Add the lid and lock into place. Flip the pressure valve to “Sealing” and select the “Manual” setting on high. Adjust the cook time to 10 minutes
When cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes before doing a quick release of any remaining steam
Remove the lid and carefully transfer the chicken thighs from the Instant Pot® to a plate. Shred the chicken with two forks and return to the pot. Add the Mexican cheese a little at a time to avoid clumping and then the cilantro. Stir until the cheese is completely melted
To serve, ladle the soup into individual serving bowls and garnish with some fresh cilantro, Mexican cheese, and chopped avocado. Serve immediately with lime wedges for squeezing, if desired.
Tips For The Best Instant Pot Enchilada Soup
Enchilada soup is one of the easiest and most delicious meals that you can make in your Instant Pot. The key to making a great soup is to start with a flavorful base, and then add in your favorite ingredients. Here are some tips for making the best Instant Pot enchilada soup:
- Start with a flavorful base. I like to use chicken broth, salsa, and diced tomatoes as my base. You can also use beef broth or vegetable broth.
- Add in your favorite enchilada ingredients. I like to add black beans, corn, chicken, and cheese. You can also add other vegetables, such as onions, bell peppers, and zucchini.
- Season the soup to taste. I like to use cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder to flavor my enchilada soup. You can also add other spices, such as salt and pepper, to taste.
- Let the soup cook for the recommended time. Enchilada soup usually takes about 15 minutes to cook in the Instant Pot. I like to let it cook for an additional 5 minutes so that all of the flavors have a chance to meld together.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. I like to top my enchilada soup with sour cream, cilantro, and avocado. You can also add other toppings, such as shredded cheese or diced green onions.
How To Store Enchilada Soup
Enchilada soup is a flavorful and hearty dish that can be enjoyed all year round. While it is typically made with traditional ingredients like chicken, beans, and tomatoes, there are endless possibilities for variation. Whether you prefer a mild or spicy soup, veggie-packed or meaty, there is an enchilada soup recipe out there for everyone. Once you have made your perfect batch of soup, it is important to know how to store it correctly in order to enjoy the leftovers.
Enchilada soup can be refrigerated for up to four days or frozen for longer-term storage. When reheating, be sure to bring the soup back up to a simmer slowly in order to avoid burning the delicate ingredients.
How To Freeze Soup
he best way to freeze soup is to portion it into freezer bags or containers, then label and date the bags or containers. Make sure to leave an inch or two of headspace at the top of the container to allow for expansion during freezing.
When you’re ready to eat the soup, simply thaw it in the refrigerator overnight, then reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave. You can also freeze soup in ice cube trays, then store the frozen cubes in a freezer bag. This is a great way to portion out small amounts of soup that can be easily thawed and reheated as needed. Whether you’re freezing leftovers or prepping ahead for a busy week, knowing how to freeze soup is a helpful skill to have in your repertoire.
Instant Pot Soup Setting is the best way to make a delicious and healthy soup. It is very simple to use Instant Pot Soup Setting. You just need to add all the ingredients into Instant Pot and set the timer. After the Instant Pot finishes cooking, it will automatically switch to warm mode. You can then serve your soup hot or cold. Instant Pot Soup Setting is perfect for making soups, stews, chili, and even pasta dishes. It is also a great way to cook rice, beans, and quinoa. Instant Pot Soup Setting is very versatile and can be used to make a variety of different dishes. If you are looking for a healthy and delicious way to make soup, then Instant Pot Soup Setting is the perfect choice for you.
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes
Soup is one of the most versatile dishes you can make in an Instant Pot. Whether you’re looking for a hearty and comforting soup to warm you up on a cold day or a light and refreshing soup to enjoy during the summer, there’s an Instant Pot soup recipe out there for you. And because soups are often packed with nutritious ingredients, they make for a great way to fuel your body throughout the day.
Here are just a few of the many delicious and easy-to-make Instant Pot soup recipes that you can try at home:
Classic Tomato Soup: This classic tomato soup is made with fresh tomatoes, onion, garlic, and basil. It’s simple to make and can be enjoyed any time of year.
Butternut Squash Soup: This creamy and flavorful soup is perfect for fall and winter. It’s made with roasted butternut squash, carrots, ginger, and spices.
Thai Coconut Soup: This fragrant and flavorful soup is made with chicken, mushrooms, coconut milk, and Thai red curry paste. It’s perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
Minestrone Soup: This classic Italian soup is made with a variety of vegetables, beans, and pasta. It’s hearty and satisfying, making it ideal for a cozy winter dinner.
So whether you’re looking for a comforting bowl of soup to warm you up on a cold day or a light and refreshing soup to enjoy during the summer, be sure to check out these easy-to-make Instant Pot soup recipes.
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 4 ounces green chiles, undrained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Mexican cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, diced
- 1 large avocado
- 1 large lime
- Place the chicken thighs, bell pepper, tomato, and green chiles in an Instant Pot® cooking container. Pour the chicken broth and tomato sauce on top and sprinkle with the chili powder, ground cumin, chipotle powder, smoked paprika, and garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Add the lid and lock into place. Flip the pressure valve to “Sealing” and select the “Manual” setting on high. Adjust the cook time to 10 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes before doing a quick release of any remaining steam.
- Remove the lid and carefully transfer the chicken thighs from the Instant Pot® to a plate. Shred the chicken with two forks and return to the pot. Add the Mexican cheese a little at a time to avoid clumping and then the cilantro. Stir until the cheese is completely melted.
- To serve, ladle the soup into individual serving bowls and garnish with some fresh cilantro, Mexican cheese, and chopped avocado. Serve immediately with lime wedges for squeezing, if desired. Enjoy!
- Instant Pot, or Ninja Foodi