o I’m still having the greatest time using my new Air Fryer — between my air fryer and my Instant Pot, I no longer use the stove. LOL.
I am wondering how long it becomes an obsolete cooking appliance. I am also using it to see what and how I can cook stuff.
This is one of my favorite dishes that I have made this week because it was so easy, and the flavor of the broccoli was completely enhanced, and there is nothing to the recipe. This is one of my kid’s favorite vegetables since they were toddlers. And, wherever we went, they would order them. So, now that I am armed with my new air fryer, I thought I would take this for a test. And, see how good I could get them.
Broccoli has gained popularity in the past few years, now if you head to any produce market, you can find broccoli in a variety of ways, including broccoli rice for, the possibilities are endless. I have not made that as yet, but it is on my growing list of recipes, I want to try in the air fryer.
Let’s talk about broccoli since many of us know very little about it.
- Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable, meaning that it is in the same family as arugula, broccoli, cabbage, broccoli rabe, bok choy, kale, collard greens, and Brussels sprouts
- The cruciferous family of vegetables has been more popular in recent years because scientists found that they hold cancer-fighting properties.
- Broccoli has a lot of fiber, over 9 grams of fiber, but at the same time very low in calories.
Here are some hints on how to purchase broccoli:
- Should be dense, the heavier the better.
- Leaves on fresh broccoli are dark and green
- Florets should be tight
- No dark spots on the broccoli this shows that it is old, and should be avoided.
- The broccoli’s stem should be white with no dark patches
Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
This is a really easy way to make air-fried broccoli. It’s one of my favorite vegetables to make in the air fryer.
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, large enough to hold the broccoli and mix it, add the broccoli florets. Add the olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Add the broccoli to the air fryer basket.
- Set the timer for 5 minutes
- Set the temperature to 370 degrees F. After the 5 minutes are up, take the basket out and either use tongs or shake the basket, air fry for another 5 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer broccoli parmesan air fryer broccoli and cheese broccoli air fryer time how to cook frozen broccoli in air fryer air fryer broccoli no oil broccoli air fryer keto air fryer broccoli with nutritional yeast can you air fry frozen broccoli