Everyone’s favorite cake. Homemade Chocolate Cake. Today, I made such an easy recipe using my mom’s recipe and adapted it for the air fryer. Here is my easy recipe for Air Fryer One Bowl Chocolate Cake.
My family always looks for something sweet to eat when it comes to desserts, around 8ish. So, I’m usually thinking of something quick to air fry. My oldest son absolutely loves chocolate cake, so I used my mother’s recipe and came up with this. It’s simple.
Air Fryer One Bowl Chocolate Cake
A one-bowl cake is a type of cake recipe that is made by combining all the ingredients in one bowl and mixing them together until smooth. This means you don’t need to use multiple bowls or mixers, making the recipe simpler and easier to follow. One-bowl cakes are often referred to as “dump cakes” because you dump all the ingredients into a bowl and mix them together.
This type of cake is typically moist and tender, with a fine crumb texture. One-bowl cake recipes can be found for various cake flavors, such as chocolate, vanilla, lemon, and more, and can be customized with different frosting or glaze options. They are a great option for beginner bakers or those looking for a quick and easy dessert recipe.
Why Make A One-Bowl Cake In Air Fryer?
- Quick and Easy: One-bowl cakes are already quick and easy to make, and cooking them in an air fryer takes them to another level. The air fryer cooks food faster than a traditional oven, meaning your cake will be ready quickly.
- Moist and Tender: Air fryers circulate hot air around the food, which helps to create a moist and tender texture in cakes. One-bowl cakes are already known for their moist and tender texture, and air frying only enhances this.
- No Preheating Required: Unlike an oven, air fryers do not require preheating. This means you can start cooking your cake as soon as you turn on the air fryer, saving you time and energy.
- Convenient: Air fryers are smaller and more portable than ovens, making them a convenient option for small-batch baking or for those who don’t have access to a full-size oven.
- Versatile: Air fryers can be used to cook a variety of desserts, not just one-bowl cakes. From cookies to brownies to muffins, air fryers can be used to make a variety of sweet treats.
In summary, making a one-bowl cake in an air fryer is a quick, easy, and convenient way to enjoy a moist and tender cake with minimal prep and cook time.
Are you looking for a delicious and flavorful dessert that requires minimal effort? Look no further! This air fryer one-bowl chocolate cake is not only totally foolproof but also incredibly decadent.
It’s the perfect combination of moist, rich cake and delightfully creamy frosting – all made in your trusty air fryer in under 20 minutes. With its deep cocoa flavor, plus an extra buttery texture from the addition of melted chocolate chips, this simple yet indulgent treat will surely satisfy any sweet tooth. So get out your ingredients, and let’s get baking!
- Granulated Sugar
- Flour: Use all-purpose flour for the best flavor and texture
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: Make sure you use unsweetened. Otherwise, you will end up with a really sweet cake.
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda; Make sure they are both fresh.
- Salt: For added flavor and texture.
- Eggs: Use large, room-temperature eggs
- Milk: Use whole milk, buttermilk, almond milk, or coconut milk
- Vegetable Oil: You can also use canola oil
- Vanilla Extract: Make sure you use pure vanilla extract for added flavor.
- Hot Water: Use boiling water
How To Make A One-Bowl Cake In Air Fryer
If you’re looking for a quick, delicious way to make a cake in your air fryer, then you’re in luck! With this easy guide, you’ll learn how to create a decadent one-bowl cake from start to finish – no mess required.
This unique approach requires fewer dishes and pans than traditional baking methods, resulting in an incredibly fluffy texture that can’t be beaten. Read on to find out exactly how it’s done and what ingredients are needed to whip up a homemade dessert to impress your family and friends.
Step One: Prepare The Cake Ingredients
Mix the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, eggs, milk, oil, vanilla extract, and water in a large mixing bowl. Mix well until smooth.
Step Two: Prepare The Cake Pan
Spray your cake pan with non-sticking spray. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, filling about 2/3 way full. Depending on the size of your pan and air fryer, you can fill two cake pans.
Step Three: Air Fry One Bowl Chocolate Cake
Set into the air fryer for 12-15 minutes at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting. Stick a toothpick into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, remove the cake; otherwise, continue to air fry until completely baked through.
Step Four: Frosting
Let cool before frosting. Frost the cake right before serving.
Making a one-bowl cake can be a quick and easy way to satisfy your sweet tooth. Here are some tips to help you make the perfect one-bowl cake:
- Gather your ingredients: Make sure you have all your ingredients measured and ready to go before you start mixing. This will help you avoid any mistakes or forgotten ingredients.
- Don’t overmix: Once your batter is combined, avoid overmixing it. Overmixing can lead to tough, dense cakes. Mix until everything is just combined and there are no dry spots left.
- Use the right pan: Make sure you use the right size and type of pan as specified in your recipe. Using the wrong pan can cause your cake to cook unevenly or not rise properly.
- Let it cool: Once your cake is done baking, let it cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely. This will help prevent the cake from falling apart or sticking to the pan.
By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to making a delicious and easy one-bowl cake.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a one-bowl cake?
A one-bowl cake is a type of cake that can be mixed together in just one bowl. This type of cake is quick and easy to make, requiring fewer dishes and less cleaning time.
Can any cake recipe be made as a one-bowl cake?
Not all cake recipes can be made as a one-bowl cake. However, many recipes can be adapted to be made in one bowl by adjusting the mixing method and technique.
Can I use a hand mixer or stand mixer to make a one-bowl cake?
Yes, you can use a hand mixer or stand mixer to make a one-bowl cake. However, using a hand mixer or stand mixer may require additional bowls for measuring and mixing ingredients before combining them in one bowl.
What is the best type of pan to use for a one-bowl cake?
The best pan for a one-bowl cake is usually a standard cake pan made for the air fryer; I listed some of my favorites below.
How do I store a one-bowl cake?
You can store a one-bowl cake at room temperature in an airtight container for up to three days or in the refrigerator for up to one week. You can also freeze a one-bowl cake for up to three months. To thaw a frozen cake, let it sit at room temperature for a few hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
Best Cake Pans For Air Fryer
When it comes to choosing the best cake pans for an air fryer, there are a few factors to consider, including the size of your air fryer and the type of cake you want to make. Here are some options for cake pans that work well in an air fryer:
- Silicone Cake Pans: These are great for air fryers because they are flexible and can be easily removed from the air fryer basket. They are also easy to clean and come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
- Aluminum Cake Pans: These are lightweight and durable, making them a good choice for air fryers. They come in a variety of sizes and are usually coated with a nonstick surface, which makes them easy to clean.
- Stainless Steel Cake Pans: These are a good option if you want a cake pan that is both durable and easy to clean. They can be used in an air fryer as long as they are the right size.
- Round Cake Pans: These are the most common type of cake pans in various sizes. They are a good option for air fryers if they fit inside the basket.
- Bundt Cake Pans: These are perfect for making cakes with a decorative shape. They can be used in an air fryer if they are small enough to fit inside the basket.
When choosing a cake pan for your air fryer, be sure to check its size to ensure it fits inside your basket. Also, look for cake pans that are easy to clean and have a nonstick surface to prevent sticking.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Crispy Bacon
- Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
Air Fryer One Bowl Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup water, hot
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 8 tablespoons milk
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, eggs, milk, oil, vanilla extract, and water.
- Mix well until smooth.
- Spray your cake pan with non-sticking spray.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, filling about 2/3 way full. Depending on the size of your pan and air fryer, you can fill two cake pans.
- Set into the air fryer for 12-15 minutes at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Stick a toothpick into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, remove the cake; otherwise, continue to air fry until completely baked through.
- Let cool before frosting.
- Frost the cake.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Simple Frosting Directions:
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, butter, and milk. Mix until creamy.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Cake Pan