Amazing wings, it’s one of the main reasons why I purchased an air fryer. Making wings at home has made my two teenagers, very happy. I have also been saving a ton of money.
They come out nice, light and juicy. Wings are amazing, and there are many restaurants around the United States that only sell wings, which means that there are thousands of varieties out there. So, I’m hoping to hit them all. My kids would totally love me. They are totally popular in football season, they are the ultimate game day food, so maybe I can perfect them, before the next Superbowl, or at least opening day.
typically if you go to a restaurant to get wings, they are deep-fried, the twist on them is that air-fried wings are actually healthier for you, since they aren’t sitting in a vat of oil, while they cook.
There are some basic tips for making chicken wings in your air fryer, and I hope they help you with your air-fried wings.
- While frozen wings will work in the air fryer, thawed wings taste better. If you are short of time, or are like me and always forget to take the meat out of the freezer, use a thaw board. (I have had this since, I got married, so it totally works and lasts)
- Dry the wings completely, before you season them. This will make the season stick on better, just use a paper towel and blot the chicken wings.
- Season your wings, before you add any marinade to them, this will raise the flavor level of the wings.
- Shake the basket, many times throughout the cooking process, this way the wings will cook more evenly.
- I cook my wings at a lower temperature and then in the last 5 minutes, I increase the temperature, which gives it a crunchier texture.
- If you are using frozen wings, just add 5 minutes to the cooking time.
Start by placing your chicken wing (whole) on a cutting board.
Then find the bone in the middle it will make a clean cut.
After you make your cuts, you make three in total.
I sorted the wings, into those for the air fryer.
These will go into the Instant Pot Chicken Broth.
Add all of the ingredients for the sauce. This sauce includes oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Mix well, I use my hands, they are the best cook’s tool.
Place the wings into the air fryer basket, careful not to crowd.
Single layer, please.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Lemon Dijon Chicken Wings
With just a few ingredients, you can have really have some delicious air-fried wings in a matter of minutes. These are my son’s favorite.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 2 pounds chicken wings
Lemon Dijon Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Then toss the wings in the coating.
- Place about half of the chicken wings in the fry basket and insert into the air fryer. (You do not want the chicken wings to be crowded)
- Cook until the skin is browned and crisp, 26 to 28 minutes. I usually set the timer for 12 minutes and then open it up, flip the chicken wings, and set it for another 12 minutes. This is a great way to make sure that all sides are cooked, and not burnt on one side.
- Plate and serve, repeat with all the wings, until you are done with the batch.
Keywords: air fryer bbq chicken wings recipe air fryer honey bbq chicken wings garlic parmesan wings air fryer frozen honey bbq wings air fryer tyson honey bbq wings in air fryer how to cook tyson honey bbq wings in air fryer fork to spoon chicken wings air fryer chicken wings recipe