Air Fryer Iced Lemon Pound Cake I love baking, and this recipe is amazing! If you love a great lemon pound cake, this is one of my favorites. And for the icing on the cake, you have an amazing icing that you will fall in love with.
If you love a great slice of lemon bread or any quick bread, this is cooked up perfectly in the air fryer, airy, light, and delicious.
If you love Starbucks Lemon Loaf, this is my take on it. And if you have been following me for a while, you know I love a great quick bread recipe. They are easy to make, and the air fryer does an amazing job of baking them up, moist, tender, and absolutely delicious.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Quick Bread Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER BANANA WALNUT POUND CAKE, AIR FRYER APPLE CRANBERRY BREAD, AIR FRYER BANANA BREAD MUG CAKE, and AIR FRYER CRANBERRY WALNUT BREAD.
Air Fryer Iced Lemon Pound Cake
This lemon pound cake is light, fluffy and moist, everything that you want in a lemon pound cake.
The icing on top is a simple lemon icing, which goes great with the lemon loaf.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Iced Lemon Pound Cake
- Unsalted Butter
- Granulated Sugar
- Sour Cream
- Lemon Juice
- Lemon Zest
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Powdered Sugar
How To Make Air Fryer Iced Lemon Pound Cake
In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Slowly add the eggs, sour cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract.
Mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
Spray your baking pans with olive oil. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, about 2/3 way full. Set the pan into the air fryer, and set the temperature to 320 degrees F for 20 minutes.
When the time is up, place a toothpick in the pound cake, and check to see that the toothpick comes out clean. If not, add another 5 minutes.
Let cool slightly before adding the icing. To make the icing simply, whisk together in a small bowl the sugar, lemon juice, and milk. Spread over the cooled pound cake.
- My recipe works best in mini loaf pans; if you make a mini loaf, the center will get cooked; if you make a regular-sized loaf, the middle may have a hard time cooking.
- The lemon icing goes well. If you want less them, add less lemon juice. If you want it more lemony, add more.
- If you find that the top of your quick bread is getting browned on top, but the middle is still raw, add a piece of foil on top.
- This recipe works in both an air fryer oven or an air fryer basket. If you use an oven, place the loaf pan on the lowest shelf.
How To Store This Air Fryer Iced Lemon Pound Cake
This lemon loaf will stay fresh for about 3 to 4 days if you cover it and place it on the counter. For any longer, you should tightly wrap and refrigerator the loaf cake.
For best results, let the lemon pound cake reach room temperature before eating.
How To Freeze This Air Fryer Iced Lemon Pound Cake
This is great make-ahead bread; you can double the recipe and freeze some. To freeze, wrap it tightly in saran wrap and then wrap it in foil.
Place the wrapped up loaf into the freezer; it will freeze for 1 to 2 months.
To use from frozen: Place the frozen loaf into the refrigerator; it will thaw overnight. It is best not to ice the lemon pound cake before freezing.
The Best Loaf Pans For Air Fryer Lemon Pound Cake
I have found that the right loaf pan is essential to get a fully cooked cake from the air fryer; some of my favorites are: (affiliate links included)
Don’t Forget To Pin-
Lemon Pound Cake:
- 3/4 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2–3 tablespoons milk
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Slowly add the eggs, sour cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Spray your baking pans with olive oil. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, about 2/3 way full.
- Set the pan into the air fryer, and set the temperature to 320 degrees F for 20 minutes. (air fryer setting)
- When the time is up, place a toothpick in the pound cake, and check to see that the toothpick comes out clean. If not, add another 5 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before adding the icing.
- To make the icing simply, whisk together in a small bowl the sugar, lemon juice, and milk. Spread over the cooled pound cake.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 468Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 127mgSodium: 310mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 1gSugar: 39gProtein: 7g