Today, I kicked off back to school (my kids started yesterday) with some homemade Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, made of course in the air fryer. They were simple, and one of the best things, besides them being delicious, is that I didn’t have to watch them. Talk about a win, win and what child does not like to come home to a plate of freshly made cookies.
These are semi-healthy because they are made with old-fashioned oatmeal, if you wanted to make them Gluten Free, all you would need to change out is the flour and the old-fashioned oats for a great snack.
If you haven’t made cookies in the air fryer, here are some general tips: ( I used my Vortex (air fryer oven) so I didn’t use parchment paper, but if you have a basket air fryer oven, this would be the time to purchase some, it makes clean up a breeze)
Now to be clear, I purchased these and set out to try them. I was armed with my Reynold’s Parchment Paper, which I truly use every day, and I recommend it to everyone.
I do spray the parchment paper with non-stick cooking spray since if you didn’t the cookies would stick to the paper, and after they were done the cooking you wouldn’t be able to get them off (I tried and failed 2x before I came to that conclusion)
Here are some great tips for making the perfect cookie, in or out of the air fryer:
- Always read the recipe before you start. This way you ensure that you have all of the ingredients.
- Assemble all of the tools that you will need before you start. Once you start making cookies, your hands will get nice and gooey.
- Use the correct pans, making cookies on different pans, required different cookies times and temperatures. This should be noted in the recipe.
The tips for making cookies in the air fryer is to know your machine. I always put 2 cookies in to start, because every machine is different, the cookies will be done in two different machines at different times. So, I start with two cookies and then use 320 degrees F, as a starting point. Since, I want my food to be moist, soft and delicious. I usually start all of my baking at that temperature. Today, I used the 350 degrees F, because last time I made cookies, that is what I found working with my machine. BUT again every machine is different, so you have to experiment. But once you find the point you should write it down on a piece of paper and stick it to your refrigerator.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin—
Air Fryer, Homemade Traditional Italian Cookies With Icing and Sprinkles
These are homemade old-fashioned Italian Cookies with Sprinkles and Icing. sometimes they are called Anise Cookies, in my family, we just called them Italian Cookies, They are easy to make and absolutely really easy to eat.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 9 minutes
- Yield: 28 cookies 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon anise
- 2 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons level (must be level) baking powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4–5 tablespoons milk
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the vegetable oil, sugar, vanilla extract, eggs, and anise.
- Mix until frothy.
- Then add the flour, and baking powder. The dough should not be sticky, if it is sticky, add about 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Spray your air fryer tray (see the website description, how to make these in a basket air fryer. Then add about a tablespoon of batter. Set in the oven/air fryer and set the temperature to 320 degrees F, (air fry) for 3 minutes. THESE COOKIES DO NOT BROWN, so once they are cooked through, remove.
- Let cool.
- To make the icing: 1 cup of powdered sugar and 4-5 tablespoons of milk. Mix until the consistency resembles glue, then dip the cookie in and sprinkle with sprinkles/jimmies.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: chex mix in the airfryer can you cook hamburger meat in a airfryer air fryer struffoli recipe crostoli aka chiacchiere napoletane cenci cookies crostoli friulani recipe she loves biscotti easter recipes freezing struffoli