Air Fryer Cranberry Pistachio Shortbread Cookies– Shortbread cookies are a classic holiday treat. This recipe for Air Fryer Cranberry Pistachio Shortbread Cookies is festive and delicious, and easy to make in your air fryer. These cookies are perfect for any holiday party or get-together!
The holidays are coming, and that means it’s time to start baking! These Air Fryer Cranberry Pistachio Shortbread Cookies are the perfect addition to your festive menu. They’re delicious, festive, and surprisingly easy to make. Plus, they’re air fryer cookies, so you know they’ll be crispy and delicious. Give them a try this year – your guests will love them!
What Are Cranberry Pistachio Shortbread Cookies?
Cranberry Pistachio Shortbread Cookies are one of the most delicious cookies that you will ever taste. They are buttery, crumbly, and so flavorful that you will not be able to resist eating them all. The best part is that they are very easy to make and only require a few simple ingredients. Trust us, once you try these cookies, you will want to make them over and over again!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Cranberry Pistachio Shortbread Cookies
Do you have an air fryer? If not, I suggest you go get one. They are amazing for making quick and easy snacks. These Air Fryer Cranberry Pistachio Shortbread Cookies only require 6 ingredients and take about 15 minutes from start to finish. Plus, they are healthy and delicious! Who could ask for more?
- Butter: Use unsalted, cold butter. The cold butter really helps makes a great shortbread cookie!
- Granulated Sugar: Use white granulated sugar, or a sugar substitute, if you want a diabetic-friendly recipe!
- Salt: Adds some great flavor to your cookies!
- All-Purpose Flour: If you want to make these cookies gluten-free, use gluten-free all-purpose flour.
- Cornstarch: Helps add some structure to your cookie!
- Cranberries: You can use either fresh, frozen, or dried. Dried cranberries are located near the raisins in the grocery store.
- Pistachio: Use unshelled pistachios, crushed or diced.
How To Make Cranberry Pistachio Shortbread Cookies In The Air Fryer
Start by cutting the butter into small cubes. Set aside. Next, in a large bowl combine the sugar, salt, flour, and cornstarch. Add the butter cubes to the dry mixture.
Using a hand mixer, stand mixer, your hands or masher thoroughly combine all ingredients. Once it’s mixed well fold in dried cranberries and pistachios with a spatula.
The dough should be a little sticky. Cover the bowl with plastic and refrigerate for two hours.
When you’re ready to bake remove it from the fridge. Preheat the air fryer to 300 degrees F. Line basket with parchment. Roll cookies into small two-inch round balls. Place on parchment paper. Air fry for about 16-18 minutes or until they reach a nice golden brown color. Remove and cool on the wire rack.
- Mixing The Ingredients: When cutting the butter you can use a pastry cutter, if you don’t have one – a potato masher with small squares works really well also.
- Overmixing The Dough: Be sure to not overwork the dough, you want to thoroughly mix the ingredients but don’t overdo it.
- Cold Butter: It’s also essential that you use cold butter for the integrity of the shortbread!
- Timing: Since every air fryer is different, it’s important to watch these cookies as they cook up. The timing will depend on the air fryer. You can cook cookies in the Ninaj Food, any air fryer basket, or air fryer oven.
Serving These Cookies:
For a nice variation try drizzling the cookies with a little white or dark chocolate as well. You can also try adding a little almond extract or vanilla extract to the dough before cooking. Of course, they are amazing as they are!
These cookies are wonderful with coffee or tea and make a great breakfast cookie.
How To Store Cookies
If you love to bake cookies, you know that sometimes it’s hard to eat them all before they go stale.
Here are a few tips for storing your cookies so they stay fresh and delicious. First, always store them in an airtight container or bag. You can also freeze the uncooked dough or baked cookies for later use. If you’re going to freeze them, just be sure to wrap them well so they don’t get freezer burn. Finally, label everything with the date so you know how long they’ve been in storage. Enjoy your fresh-tasting cookies!
Can You Freeze These Cookies?
Yes! You can store them in the freezer for up to 2 months.
More Air Fryer Cookie Recipes:
Are you looking for a delicious and easy dessert to make in your air fryer? If so, then you’ll want to check out these amazing air fryer cookie recipes! These recipes are perfect for any occasion, and they are sure to please everyone. So, what are you waiting for? Start cooking!
- AIR FRYER RED VELVET PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOM COOKIES: If you’re looking for a delicious and festive way to celebrate Valentine’s Day, look no further than these air fryers red velvet peanut butter blossom cookies! They’re easy to make and taste amazing. Plus, they’re perfect for any occasion – not just Valentine’s Day. So give them a try today! You won’t be disappointed.
- AIR FRYER HERSHEY’S RED VELVET BLOSSOM COOKIES: Do you love red velvet cookies? I know I do! Today, I’m sharing a recipe for Air Fryer Hershey’s Red Velvet Blossom Cookies. These cookies are so good and they’re perfect for any occasion. Best of all, they’re really easy to make. So, what are you waiting for? Try this recipe today!
- AIR FRYER SHORTBREAD COOKIES: If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make cookie recipe, look no further than these air fryer shortbread cookies! They’re perfect for when you need a quick sweet treat. Plus, the air fryer makes them nice and crispy – unlike traditional oven baking which can often lead to soggy cookies. So give this recipe a try today!
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Cranberry Pistachio Shortbread Cookies
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, cold and unsalted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cranberries, dried
- 3/4 cup pistachios, no shells
- Start by cutting the butter into small cubes. Set aside.
- Next, in a large bowl combine the sugar, salt, flour, and cornstarch.
- Add the butter cubes to the dry mixture.
- Using a hand mixer, stand mixer, your hands or masher thoroughly combine all ingredients. Once it’s mixed well fold in dried cranberries and pistachios with a spatula.
- Dough should be a little sticky. Cover bowl with plastic and refrigerate for two hours.
- When you’re ready to bake remove from fridge.
- Preheat air fryer to 300 degrees F.
- Line basket with parchment. Roll cookies into small two inch round balls. Place on parchment paper.
- Air fry for about 16-18 minutes or until they reach a nice golden brown color.
- Remove and cool on the wire rack.
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper