Air Fryer Broccoli With Ranch Seasoning — If you’re looking for a healthy, delicious side dish that can be whipped up in no time – look no further!
Air fryer broccoli with ranch seasoning is the perfect meal to satisfy your taste buds without all the added fat and calories from deep-frying. Not only does this recipe take just minutes to prepare, but it’s also low-carb and gluten-free. Ranch seasoning adds an extra flavor, making your family beg for more! So what are you waiting for? Let’s get cooking!
Air Fryer Broccoli With Ranch Seasoning
Air fryers have revolutionized the culinary world, offering a healthier alternative to traditional frying while delivering the same crispy perfection. Their soaring popularity isn’t just due to the reduced oil usage but also the versatility they bring to modern kitchens.
Now, imagine combining this innovative cooking method with the earthy goodness of broccoli and then elevating it with a zesty twist of ranch seasoning. Intrigued?
Today, we’re not just talking about any regular broccoli dish but a recipe that promises a burst of flavor with every bite. Dive in as we uncover the magic of air-fried broccoli with a ranch kick!
Why Make Air Fryer Broccoli With Ranch Seasoning
In today’s fast-paced world, quick and effortless recipes are a boon, and air-fryer broccoli fits the bill perfectly. With just a few simple steps, you’re on your way to a delightful dish.
But speed isn’t its only advantage. Traditional frying methods often drown vegetables in oil, compromising taste and nutrition.
On the other hand, air frying offers a healthier approach, drastically cutting down on oil while still achieving that coveted crispy finish. So, when you opt for air-fryer broccoli, you choose a convenient, delicious dish that is kind to your waistline.
Ready to cook? Here are the ingredients and a simple step-by-step guide to help you out.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Broccoli With Ranch Seasoning
Are you looking for a delicious side dish that is both healthy and easy to make? Look no further! Air Fryer Broccoli with Ranch Seasoning is the perfect recipe to whip up quickly. Not only is it packed full of flavor, but it’s also a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables.
You only need simple ingredients and an air fryer, making this dish ideal for busy weeknights or when you’re short on time. Keep reading to find all the ingredients needed to cook this tasty meal!
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card, as well as the nutritional information.
- Fresh Broccoli Florets: You’ll need about 1 pound (450g) of fresh broccoli florets. Ensure they are dry and trimmed for even cooking.
- Olive Oil: A drizzle of olive oil, about 2 tablespoons, helps the broccoli become crispy in the air fryer and adds a delightful flavor.
- Ranch Seasoning Mix: Use a store-bought ranch seasoning mix or make your own by combining dried herbs and spices like dried dill, garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, salt, and black pepper. You’ll need 2-3 tablespoons of ranch seasoning for a flavorful coating.
- Parmesan Cheese (Optional): For an extra layer of flavor and texture, consider adding grated cheese. You can use around 1/4 cup for a cheesy twist.
- Lemon Juice (Optional): A squeeze of fresh lemon juice adds brightness to the dish. Use the juice from half a lemon or adjust to taste.
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper: Season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, enhancing the overall flavor.
- Cooking Spray: A light mist of cooking spray on the broccoli before air frying helps achieve a crispy finish and prevents sticking.
Step-by-Step Guide: Air-Fryer Broccoli With Ranch Seasoning Recipe
Do you want a quick and delicious way to prepare broccoli that the entire family will love? Have you been searching for a healthier alternative to deep-frying your favorite veggies? Look no further! Introducing our easy, step-by-step guide on how to make air-fried broccoli with ranch seasoning. In just minutes, you’ll have the perfect side dish or snack that is both flavorful and nutritious. Whether you are health conscious or simply seeking something new in the kitchen, this recipe won’t disappoint – get ready for crunchy snacks coated in creamy ranch flavor!
Preparing the Broccoli
Begin by washing the broccoli florets thoroughly under cold water. Pat them dry using a kitchen towel or paper towel. Ensure they are completely dry to achieve the best frying results.
Seasoning the Broccoli
Drizzle your chosen oil (olive or avocado) in a large mixing bowl over the broccoli florets. Toss them gently to ensure an even coat.
Next, sprinkle the ranch seasoning over the oiled florets. If you’re using salt and pepper instead, season according to your preference. Mix well, ensuring each floret is well-seasoned.
Setting up the Air Fryer
Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C), for 3-5 minutes. If your air fryer has a specific setting for vegetables, you can also use that.
Cooking the Broccoli
Once preheated, place the seasoned broccoli florets in the air fryer basket in a single layer, ensuring they aren’t overcrowded. This allows for even cooking and crispiness.
Cook for 8-10 minutes, checking halfway through. Depending on your air fryer model, you might want to shake the basket to ensure even frying gently.
Serve the crispy air-fried broccoli hot straight out of the fryer.
For an added touch, sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese or drizzle some lemon juice for extra flavor. Pair with a creamy dip or enjoy as a standalone treat!
Air-fryer broccoli pairs wonderfully with grilled meats like chicken or steak. Additionally, consider serving alongside other roasted or steamed vegetables for a wholesome meal.
Storage and Reheating
Store the air-fried broccoli in an airtight container in the refrigerator for leftovers. When ready to enjoy again, reheat in the air fryer or oven for a few minutes to retain its crispiness. Avoid using the microwave, as it can make the broccoli soggy.
Pro Tips For Cooking Air Fryer Broccoli With Ranch Seasoning
- Uniformity is Key: Ensure that your broccoli florets are of a consistent size. This promotes even cooking and ensures that all pieces are done at the same time.
- Avoid Overcrowding: Give your broccoli room to breathe in the air fryer. Cramming in too many pieces can lead to uneven frying and a less crispy outcome.
- Check for Crispiness: Always monitor your broccoli as it cooks. Depending on your air fryer model, the cooking time may vary. Aim for a tender inside and a crispy outside.
- Note: Always be cautious when handling the hot air fryer basket. Use oven mitts or tongs for safety.
Can I use frozen broccoli for this recipe?
While fresh broccoli is recommended for the best results, you can use frozen broccoli florets in a pinch. However, remember that frozen broccoli may release more moisture during cooking, potentially affecting the crispiness.
Can I use other vegetables with the ranch seasoning in the air fryer?
Absolutely! You can apply the same ranch seasoning and air frying method to vegetables like cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, or asparagus. Adjust cooking times based on the specific vegetable’s density.
What’s the ideal size for broccoli florets?
Aim for uniform-sized broccoli florets to ensure even cooking. Generally, smaller florets cook faster, while larger ones may take longer. Trim any thick stems for even results.
Can I make my own ranch seasoning mix?
Yes, you can make your own ranch seasoning mix by combining dried herbs and spices like dried dill, garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, salt, and black pepper. Adjust the quantities to suit your taste preferences.
How do I prevent the broccoli from becoming too dry in the air fryer?
To prevent the broccoli from drying out, ensure it’s not overcooked. Keep an eye on the cooking time, as air fryers vary. You can also drizzle olive oil or lemon juice on the cooked broccoli before serving for extra moisture.
Can I store leftovers?
Yes, you can store leftover air-fried broccoli in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Reheat it in the air fryer or oven for a few minutes to regain its crispiness.
What can I serve with air-fried broccoli with ranch seasoning?
This dish is an excellent side dish for various main courses, such as grilled chicken, baked salmon, or a simple pasta dish. It’s a versatile accompaniment to many meals.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Embracing the air fryer’s wonders can elevate your culinary experiences, especially with simple yet delightful dishes like this one. We hope you enjoy every crispy bite of your air-fried broccoli with a hint of ranch.
Excited to try or have suggestions? We’d love to hear from you. Please comment below with your thoughts!
- AIR FRYER TGIF FRIDAY’S GREEN BEAN FRIES
- AIR FRYER STEAK FRIES
- EASY AIR FRYER MACARONI AND CHEESE BALLS
- THE BEST AND EASIEST AIR FRYER FRENCH FRIES RECIPE
Air Fryer Broccoli With Ranch Seasoning
- 1 pound broccoli, florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning, dry
- Drizzle your chosen oil (olive or avocado) in a large mixing bowl over the broccoli florets. Toss them gently to ensure an even coat.
- Next, sprinkle the ranch seasoning over the oiled florets. If you're using salt and pepper instead, season according to your preference. Mix well, ensuring each floret is well-seasoned.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200° C) for 3-5 minutes. If your air fryer has a specific setting for vegetables, you can also use that.
- Once preheated, place the seasoned broccoli florets in the air fryer basket in a single layer, ensuring they aren't overcrowded. This allows for even cooking and crispiness.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, checking halfway through. Depending on your air fryer model, you might want to shake the basket to ensure even frying gently.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional