This is a wonderful and easy snack. It’s packed full of flavor and it’s healthy to snack on, it’s also high in protein, which makes it a great snack if you are on a diet because it will fill you up. This is a quick air fryer cooking and it will only take about 15 minutes to prepare. They are gluten-free, vegan and they make a healthy snack.
Chickpeas are a great choice for a snack because they have many health benefits, including:
- Chickpeas are high in fiber; they are an excellent snack for people with diabetes as the doctors show that high fiber reduces blood glucose levels.
- They are great for bone health because they contain iron, phosphate, calcium, magnesium, zinc, and vitamin K. These are all shown to improve bone strength and structure.
- Vitamin K also helps your body absorb calcium, which is great if you have osteoporosis.
- Chickpeas are low-sodium, which is great for keeping your blood pressure low.
- They show high fiber to help cholesterol
- Chickpeas contain the mineral selenium which helps reduce cancer risks.
You can flavor chickpeas with any variety of spices, they absorb spices, rubs, etc, well.
If you are looking to use dry chickpeas (garbanzo beans) just soak them in a bowl of water for about one hour. I soak mine overnight, so they absorb most of the water. If you are looking for an alternative and to give your chickpeas an additional layer of flavoring, try soaking them in chicken or vegetable stock.
Before I had an air fryer, my kids used to purchase bags for snacks, and since the can of garbanzo (Chickpeas) can be had in the grocery store for under $1.00 paying over $5.00 for a bag of seasoned ones, was crazy to me. So, I started making and experiment with them, and I found a few that my kids LOVE and a few that no one, including me, wanted to eat. So, adjust the spices, take a look in the grocery store and see what are varieties you can air fryer up to at home are.
Here are other chickpea recipes prepared in the air fryer.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Honey Cinnamon Roasted Chickpeas
This has a really sweet taste, the cinnamon really brings out the flavor of roasting of the chickpeas. While the honey and sugar bring out the sweetness, it makes for a great snack!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 14.5 ounces can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Start by draining your chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- Then rinse the drained beans.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the drained and rinsed chickpeas, olive oil, ground cinnamon, sugar, and honey.
- Mix well.
- Pour the chickpeas into the air fryer basket.
- Set the time for 7 minutes at 370 degrees F,
- Check the chickpeas after 7 minutes, then add another 7 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then transfer to a serving dish.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: honey roasted chickpeas in air fryer air fryer parmesan chickpeas air fryer chickpeas no oil air fryer chickpeas weight watchers air fryer chickpeas ranch salt and vinegar chickpeas air fryer chickpea fries air fryer ninja foodi chickpeas