This is a wonderful and easy snack. It’s packed full of flavor and it’s healthy to snack on, it’s also high in protein, which makes it a great snack if you are on a diet because it will fill you up. This is a quick air fryer cooking and it will only take about 15 minutes to prepare. They are gluten-free, vegan and they make a healthy snack.
Chickpeas are a great choice for a snack because they have many health benefits, including:
- Chickpeas are high in fiber; they are an excellent snack for people with diabetes as the doctors show that high fiber reduces blood glucose levels.
- They are great for bone health because they contain iron, phosphate, calcium, magnesium, zinc and vitamin K. Which are all shown to improve bone strength and structure.
- Vitamin K also helps your body absorb calcium, which is great if you have osteoporosis.
- Chickpeas are low-sodium, which is great for keeping your blood pressure low.
- They show high fiber to help cholesterol
- Chickpeas contain the mineral selenium which helps reduce cancer risks.
You can flavor chickpeas with any variety of spices, they absorb spices, rubs, etc, well.
If you are looking to use dry chickpeas (garbanzo beans) just soak them in a bowl of water for about one hour. I soak mine overnight, so they absorb most of the water. If you are looking for an alternative and to give your chickpeas an additional layer of flavoring, try soaking them in chicken or vegetable stock.
Before I had an air fryer, my kids used to purchase bags for snacks, and since the can of garbanzo (Chickpeas) can be had in the grocery store for under $1.00 paying over $5.00 for a bag of seasoned ones, was crazy to me. So, I started making and experiment with them, and I found a few that my kids LOVE and a few that no one, including me, wanted to eat. So, adjust the spices, take a look in the grocery store and see what are varieties you can air fryer up to at home are.
Here are other chickpea recipes prepared in the air fryer.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin:
- 1 14.5 ounces can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
Start by draining your chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
Then rinse the drained beans.
In a small mixing bowl, mix together the drained and rinsed chickpeas, olive oil, ground cinnamon, sugar, and honey.
Pour the chickpeas into the air fryer basket.
Set the time for 7 minutes at 370 degrees F,
Check the chickpeas after 7 minutes, then add another 7 minutes.
Let cool slightly, then transfer to a serving dish.
Plate, serve and enjoy!