This is a wonderful and easy snack. It’s packed full of flavor and it’s extremely healthy to snack on, it’s also very high in protein, which makes it a great snack if you are on a diet because it will fill you up.
Chickpeas are a great choice for a snack because they have many health benefits, including:
- They are high in fiber, they are an excellent snack for people with diabetes, as it is shown that it reduces blood glucose levels.
- They are great for bone health because they contain iron, phosphate, calcium, magnesium, zinc, and vitamin K. These are all shown to improve bone strength and structure.
- Vitamin K also helps your body absorb calcium, which is great if you have osteoporosis.
- Chickpeas are low-sodium, which is great for keeping your blood pressure low.
- High fiber is shown to help cholesterol
- Chickpeas contain the mineral selenium which helps reduce cancer risks.
You can flavor chickpeas with any variety of spices, they absorb spices, rubs, etc, very well.
Here are some other chickpea recipes prepared in the air fryer.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Garlic and Herb Roasted Chickpeas
This is a great snack, it has a great flavor which is really brought out by roasting the chickpeas in the air fryer.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 14.5 can chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, dried
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by draining your chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- then rinse the drained beans.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the drained and rinsed chickpeas, olive oil, and spices.
- Mix well.
- Pour the chickpeas into the air fryer basket.
- Set the time for 7 minutes at 370 degrees F,
- Check the chickpeas after 7 minutes, then add another 7 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then transfer to a serving dish.
Keywords: honey roasted chickpeas in air fryer air fryer chickpeas no oil air fryer chickpeas ranch salt and vinegar chickpeas air fryer air fryer peas ninja foodi chickpeas air fried chickpeas recipes ww air fryer chickpeas