My family loves brownies, which is excellent because since I’m a food blogger, I get to generate lots of different combination of brownies and they attack them all up.
Believe it or not, brownies are one of the hardest desserts to get to perfection, because everyone in my household likes brownies different ways, my husband likes them hard, my son’s like them gooey. So, striking the correct balance, where everybody is content is an enigma.
I have used many brownie mixes, scratch recipes, made frosted brownies, plain brownies, brownies with nuts, fudge brownies, and the list goes on and on…
The history of brownies, according to Wikipedia originated in 1897 by the very famous Sears, Roebuck Catalog, it was a brownie cookie bar. Which, were perhaps simpler to produce in masses, than rolling out the dough and pressing them. (You know what I am talking about right)
Here are great tips for making the perfect brownies:
- Determine which type of brownie you would prefer to produce since they are all different. If you would prefer a cake brownie, you need to reduce your flour to about 1/2 cup, you also use none baking powder. If you prefer a chewier brownie, just leave the sugar and butter separate, rather than cream them, as you do.
- To get cake-like brownies to add more flour and you use baking powder, you also cream the sugar and butter together.
- If you like your brownies chewy, use a bit more egg, it will make it chewier since it will be moister.
- For the best brownies use a metal pan as they conduct heat evenly if you use a glass pan it will cause the edges to burn.
- If you would like for easy cleanup, line your pan with parchment or aluminum foil, and create a slight overhang to create handles, this will allow you to remove the brownies, with little trouble, when they cool down. It will make it easier to cut into squares, and they look much better when you go to serve them.
- Do not mix in the flour, if you keep on mixing your batter until all the flour is mixed in, you will over stir the batter, which leaves you with dense brownies.
- Always use room temperature eggs, just leave them up for 30 minutes before baking, cold eggs make your batter denser.
- Always check your brownies about 10 minutes before your recipe calls for, since all the air fryers are different, this will lead to less burnt brownies, and more brownies to eat.
Start by grabbing a package of these at your local Trader Joe’s,
if you don’t have one near you, you can always pick them up at Amazon (who knew that Amazon carried a Trader Joe’s line.)
Follow the instructions on the package, dump the brownie mix into a large mixing bowl.
Then add the eggs (per package instructions)
Add the butter.
Cream until smooth.
Pour the thick creamy fudge brownie mix (prepared) into an air fryer safe pan. I found this set on Amazon and I love it!
Put your air fryer safe pan into the air fryer basket, I recently purchased this new air fryer and I am loving it! It’s easy to use, and super awesome
My new air fryer, I love it!
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fried-Air Fryer-Trader Joe’s Truffle Brownies
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 box Trader Joe’s Brownie Truffle Baking Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick butter
- Start by pouring the baking mix into a large mixing bowl.
- Then mix in the two eggs and one stick of butter. (Per package instructions)
- Mix well, until everything is well combined. Pour into an air fryer safe pan, that will fit inside your air fryer basket.
Place the pan into the basket.
- Set the temperature to 360 degrees F, for 15 minutes.
Check the center of the brownies with a toothpick, if it comes out clean, remove the pan (be careful–it’s HOT)
If it is not clean, and it needs to be cooked longer, set the time for another 4 minutes, check after the 4 minutes are up.
- Remove from Air Fryer Basket.
- Let cool, then remove from pan, plate and serve.
Keywords: trader joe's truffle brownie mix vegan trader joe's blondie mix trader joe's truffle powder ghirardelli brownie mix trader joe's air fryer recipes air fryer orange chicken recipes winter air fryer recipes yangs mandarin orange chicken how to cook trader joe's orange chicken trader joe's orange chicken food poisoning