Now that it is June, it’s summertime, and it is officially zucchini season, and I love zucchini. Zucchini is a great versatile vegetable that you can do almost anything to, and it usually tastes amazing. If you haven’t tried air-fried or grilled zucchini, you are so missing out. Zucchini is a great summer squash, it is extremely versatile and can be baked, fried, shredded, noodled.
Technically zucchini is a summer squash, it has origins all over the world, and likewise, zucchini is cooked differently in all parts of the world, from the Italian who serve it deep-fried, deep flower fritters to Turkey, where they make zucchini pancakes. It can be added to any recipe for a healthier spin on it.
When you are purchasing zucchini, here are some things to be on the lookout for:
- Zucchini should be about 6 inches long, one-two inches wide
- Firm and shiny skin without blemishes, look for an even green color throughout.
- Ideally, the steam should be attached.
- You are looking for a zucchini that is firm and feels rather heavy.
Keep in the refrigerator for about 4-5 days, longer than that the zucchini will start to wilt. Zucchini also can be frozen, in order to freeze, slice, then boil for about 2 minutes, then plunge into cold water. Then seal in an airtight container. Frozen zucchini can be kept for about one year.
How To Prepare Zucchini:
Always wash the zucchini before you are going to be preparing it. Cut off both ends of the squash, as both are stems, and not edible. Zucchini is usually not peeled. You can cut it into pieces, chunks, shred or prepare it for stuffing, just hollow out the zucchini and stuff it with all sorts of yummies.
Here are some other Zucchini Recipes,
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
These are so easy to make and so full of flavor. Make sure to make these for the kids, who will not know that they are eating a zucchini squash, my kids love them and gobble them down.
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- olive oil spray
- Start by peeling the squash.
- Then grate the squash.
- In a large bowl mix together the grated zucchini, cheese, egg, salt, pepper, minced garlic.
- Then add the breadcrumbs. If you need more breadcrumbs to add more, make them so that you can make them into patties.
- Spray your tray with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil.
- As you shape your patties, place them on the tray or in the air fryer basket (also sprayed with olive oil)
- Set in the air fryer for 7 minutes at 390 degrees F, spray with olive oil. After 4 minutes flip them, spray them with olive oil, and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer zucchini fritters keto air fryer corn fritters frozen corn fritters in air fryer air fryer zucchini chips baby corn fritters air fryer air fryer vegetable fritters air fryer corn fritter recipes air fryer recipes