There is nothing better on a Friday afternoon during Lent than a great Air Fryer Tuna Melt Grilled Cheese. The air fryer does an amazing job of crisping up the bread while the inside gets all warm and the cheese starts to melt. It’s amazing!
- 1 can tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons diced green onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices bread
- 4 slices cheddar (yellow or white) cheese
- Cooking Spray
- In a large bowl, mix the drained tuna, mayonnaise, sliced green onions, season with salt and black pepper.
- Spread the tuna over one side of the bread. Leave about 1/4 inch all around.
- Add the cheese to the other piece of bread, then put the two pieces of bread together. Butter the top part of the bread.
- Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray, place the butter side down, and then butter the top side. Set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting for 5 minutes flip, and then air fry for another 3-5 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: Air Fryer Tuna Melt Grilled Cheese