Air Fryer Pumpkin Tarts — Move over pumpkin pie, there’s a new sheriff in town! These air fryer pumpkin tarts are the perfect Fall dessert. They’re easy to make and so delicious, that everyone will love them. Plus, they’re a lot healthier than traditional pumpkin pie, thanks to the air fryer. So go ahead and give them a try – you won’t be disappointed!
With the fall season in full swing, what better way to enjoy pumpkin than with a delicious air fryer pumpkin tart? These little tarts are easy to make and perfect for a quick snack or dessert. Best of all, they’re healthy and low-calorie – so you can indulge without feeling guilty! Ready to get started? Here’s how to make air fryer pumpkin tarts.
Why You’ll Love These Pumpkin Tarts!
I’m so excited to share this recipe for pumpkin tarts with you! Not only are they delicious, but they’re also really easy to make. Plus, they’re perfect for any fall gathering. I know you’ll love them!
- Mini-Sized! Who doesn’t love a great mini-sized dessert, this is perfect for Thanksgiving Dessert or a holiday get-together! Minis make everything more fun!
- Fast! The air fryer cooks these pumpkin tarts up so quickly!
- Delicious! Nothing says pumpkin season, like a delicious dessert! Made with a homemade pumpkin pie filling!
- Easy Crust! No need to fuss around with a homemade pie crust! This is so easy! This is a fun dessert that you can make with your kids and grandkids!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Pumpkin Tarts
The air fryer is a great way to get that crispy crust on food without all the added fat. These pumpkin tarts are a perfect example of how to use your air fryer to create a delicious and healthy dessert. The best part is, that you only need a handful of ingredients to make them! So gather up what you need and let’s get started.
- Pie Crust: You can use pre-made pie crust (thawed) or homemade pie crust!
- Pumpkin Puree: Be careful to grab pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling, as pumpkin pie filling is already sweetened and seasoned!
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: You can use store-bought or homemade!
- Ground Cinnamon: Adds some great flavor, to your pumpkin tart!
- Vanilla Extract: Adds some great depth of flavor, you can also use a vanilla bean.
- Almond Extract: Adds some great flavor.
- Light Brown Sugar: Adds some molasses flavor to your pumpkin tart.
- Egg: Use a large, room temperature egg.
How To Make Pumpkin Tarts In Air Fryer
Thaw the pie crust to room temperature. In a bowl mix the pumpkin purée, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and almond extract together. Next, add the brown sugar and then the eggs. Whisk until it’s all fully blended.
Preheat the air fryer to 300 degrees F. Unroll the pie crust onto a piece of parchment paper.
Using a biscuit cutter, cookie cutter, or a drinking glass make the pie crusts. You should be able to get about 18 mini circles out of it. If you need to, you can take the outer leftover edges of dough after using the cutter and press them together, re-roll them out and make a few more circles until you’ve used all of the dough.
To form the crusts pinch the sides together so that you have a square. Place each square into a muffin liner, then press the sides out gently to allow them to rest against the liner. With the sides relaxed it should now be circular.
Place a scoopful of pumpkin into each crust. Place them in the air fryer and air fry for about seven minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Repeat until you’ve cooked all of the pies.
These can be served as is, topped with whipped cream, or sprinkled with a little cinnamon.
These pumpkin tarts are easily made in the air fryer, here are some tips, to get you the best Air Fryer Pumpkin Pastry!
- The Thickness of Dough: To get the perfect round, roll your tart dough to about an ⅛” of thick and use 2-3 inch cookie cutters.
- Flour: Gently dust a clean surface with flour to prevent dough from sticking
- Marshmallows: If you want add a couple of marshmallows to the center of the pumpkin pastry, for an easy twist!
- Timing: Depending on how large your pumpkin tarts are, they may need more or less cooking time. Remember to check your pumpkin pastry as it cooks up!
You can easily make this recipe, keto (or low-carb) friendly, by using a different pie crust. You can also use gluten-free pie dough, for a quick air fryer gluten-free dessert!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I leave my mini pumpkin pies out at room temperature overnight?
No, these are best refrigerated, otherwise, you will end up with a very soft and mushy pumpkin tart.
Can I use puff pastry or regular store-bought pie crust instead?
Yea, although the cooking time will need to be increased, I would recommend preheating your air fryer to 400 degrees, before adding your puff pastry.
What’s the difference between pie crust and tart crust?
The tart crust is fully more flaky than the pie crust. You can easily substitute a typical tart crust for the prepared pie dough!
Can I freeze the tarts?
No, these do not freeze well. For best results, I would make these right before you want to serve them.
How To Tell When Your Pumpkin Tarts Are Cooked
After the timer goes off you can test the mini pies with a toothpick to see if it comes out clean and if they’re cooked all the way through.
Let the pumpkin tarts cool to room temperature, and then place them into an airtight container. They will last in the refrigerator for about 2 to 3 days.
What Muffin Cups To Use In The Air Fryer
I used these silicone muffin liners, perfect for air fryer use. You could certainly use foil instead, I just found it easier to put the pies right in here.
More Air Fryer Desserts:
Are you looking for a delicious and easy way to indulge your sweet tooth? Check out these Ore Air Fryer Desserts! With recipes like Oreo Cake Pops, S’mores Bars, and Nutella Brownies, you’ll be spoilt for choice. So why not give one of these recipes a try today? You won’t regret it!
- AIR FRYER VEGAN SUGAR CINNAMON DONUTS: I’m not a vegan, but I love these vegan sugar cinnamon donuts that my friend shared with me. She made them in her air fryer and they turned out so well! If you’re looking for an easy and delicious vegan dessert recipe, give these a try!
- AIR FRYER CINNAMON SUGAR PIZZA: Move over, pizza delivery. With an air fryer, you can make your own cinnamon sugar pizza in minutes. The sweet and savory flavors are delicious and will leave you wanting more. Plus, it’s a fun way to get the kids involved in cooking! So gather your ingredients and let’s get started.
- AIR FRYER TRADER JOE’S THAI BANANA FRITTERS: If you love Trader Joe’s frozen banana fritters, you’ll love this homemade version with a Thai twist. The recipe is easy to follow and doesn’t require any complicated ingredients. Best of all, these Air Fryer Thai Banana Fritters are healthier and just as delicious as the store-bought version!
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Pumpkin Tarts
- 1 sheet pie crust, thawed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tablespon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- Thaw the pie crust to room temperature.
- In a bowl mix the pumpkin purée, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and almond extract together
- Next, add the brown sugar and then the eggs. Whisk until it’s all fully blended.
- Preheat the air fryer to 300 degrees F.
- Unroll the the pie crust onto a piece of parchment paper.
- Using a biscuit cutter, cookie cutter, or a drinking glass make the pie crusts. You should be able to get about 18 mini circles out of it. If you need to, you can take the outer leftover edges of dough after using the cutter and press then together, re-roll them out and make a few more circles until you’ve used all of the dough.
- To form the crusts pinch the sides together so that you have a square. Place each square into a muffin liner, then press the sides out gently to allow them to rest against the liner. With the sides relaxed it should now be circular.
- Place a scoopful of pumpkin into each crust.
- Place them in the air fryer and air fry for about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Repeat until you’ve cooked all of the pies.
- These can be served as is, topped with whipped cream, or sprinkled with a little cinnamon.
- Air Fryer
- Muffin Liners or Pan