Air Fryer Frozen Sesame Chicken — Are you craving a delicious and convenient meal that’s satisfying and easy to prepare? Look no further than Air Fryer Frozen Sesame Chicken.
This dish is perfect for those busy weeknights when you want a tasty dinner without the hassle of extensive cooking.
Below, we will introduce you to the simple steps of making Sesame Chicken using your air fryer, starting from frozen.
That’s right – no need to thaw! We’ll guide you through the ideal temperature and cooking time to ensure your chicken is perfectly crispy and tender.
Frozen Sesame Chicken
If you’re looking for a quick, delicious, and healthier alternative to your favorite takeout meal, make Air Fryer Frozen Sesame Chicken at home. This dish is a game-changer for those hectic evenings when you crave something savory and satisfying but don’t have the time or energy for elaborate cooking.
The beauty of using an air fryer lies in its ability to deliver that delectable crispy texture with minimal oil, making your meal easier to prepare and lighter and more nutritious.
Start with your favorite frozen sesame chicken to whip up this delightful dish. The air fryer will transform these frozen morsels into golden, crispy bites of joy. While the chicken cooks, you can quickly stir a simple yet flavorful sesame sauce, combining soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, and a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds for that authentic touch. Once the chicken is cooked to perfection, toss it in the sauce for a glossy, flavor-packed coating. Serve your Air Fryer Frozen Sesame Chicken over a fluffy bed of rice or alongside steamed vegetables for a complete, balanced meal. This dish promises a delicious dinner solution and offers the joy and pride of creating a beloved restaurant-style meal right in your own kitchen.
Why You Will Love This Recipe!
There are countless reasons to fall in love with this Air Fryer Frozen Sesame Chicken recipe, and it’s not just about the incredible flavors. First and foremost, the convenience factor is a massive win. With this recipe, you’re starting with frozen sesame chicken, meaning defrosting or extensive prep work is unnecessary. It’s the perfect solution for those busy days when you want a delicious meal without spending hours in the kitchen.
The air fryer ensures the chicken pieces are cooked to crispy perfection, giving you that delightful crunch with each bite while keeping the inside succulent and tender.
Moreover, this recipe is versatile. Serve it over a bed of steaming rice with noodles or a mix of stir-fried vegetables for a complete, balanced meal. It’s a dish that not only pleases the palate but also provides a quick, wholesome meal for the whole family. So, if you’re looking for an easy, healthy, and utterly delicious recipe, this Air Fryer Frozen Sesame Chicken is a must-try!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Frozen Sesame Chicken
Embarking on a culinary journey with Air Fryer Frozen Sesame Chicken begins with gathering a few key ingredients. This dish is a testament to simplicity and flavor; each component is crucial in creating a delightful meal.
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below, in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Frozen Sesame Chicken: The show’s star, these frozen pieces provide convenience and ensure a quick and delicious base for your dish.
- Sauce Packet: Included in the frozen sesame chicken package.
- Green Onions (for garnish): A sprinkle of chopped green onions on top adds a fresh, crisp finish and a pop of color.
How To Make Frozen Sesame Chicken In Air Fryer
Making Frozen Sesame Chicken in an Air Fryer is a straightforward and efficient, especially when using frozen chicken and a frozen sauce packet. Here’s a simple guide to get you started:
Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to around 400 degrees F (200°C). This step ensures that your chicken cooks evenly and gets that desirable crispy texture.
Prepare the Frozen Chicken: Place the frozen sesame chicken pieces in the air fryer basket. Make sure to spread them out in a single layer for even cooking. Avoid overcrowding the basket, as this can lead to uneven cooking.
Cook the Chicken: Cook the frozen chicken for about 8-12 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, shake the basket or use tongs to turn the pieces, ensuring all sides get evenly crispy.
Thaw the Sauce Packet: Thaw the frozen sauce packet while the chicken is cooking. The easiest way to do this is by placing the sealed packet in a bowl of warm water. This method allows the sauce to thaw gently without cooking it.
Coat the Chicken in Sauce: Transfer it to a bowl once the chicken is cooked and crispy. Cut a corner off the thawed sauce packet and drizzle the sauce over the chicken. Toss gently to ensure all the pieces are evenly coated with the sauce.
Serve: Serve your delicious Air Fryer Frozen Sesame Chicken hot. It pairs wonderfully with steamed rice, noodles, or your favorite vegetables.
This method of making Frozen Sesame Chicken in the Air Fryer is convenient and healthier than traditional frying methods, as it uses less oil. The result is a dish with a delightful crunch and rich flavor.
To elevate your Air Fryer Frozen Sesame Chicken experience, here are some professional tips that can make a significant difference in both flavor and texture:
- Do Not Thaw Chicken: Cook the sesame chicken straight from frozen. Thawing it first can cause the chicken to lose its crispiness and become soggy.
- Avoid Overcrowding: Place the chicken pieces in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Overcrowding can lead to uneven cooking and less crispiness. Cook in batches if necessary.
- Shake or Turn Regularly: Halfway through the cooking time, shake the basket or use tongs to turn the chicken pieces. This ensures that every piece gets evenly cooked and crispy.
- Adjust Cooking Time as Needed: Air fryers can vary in cooking times, so keep an eye on your chicken. The goal is to achieve a golden, crispy exterior without overcooking.
- Warm the Sauce Gently: If using a frozen sauce packet, thaw it gently in warm water. Avoid high heat, which can alter the sauce’s flavor and consistency.
- Coat Evenly with Sauce: After the chicken is cooked, toss it with the sauce in a bowl to ensure each piece is evenly coated. This step should be done before serving to maintain the chicken’s crispiness.
- Customize the Flavor: Feel free to enhance the sauce with additional ingredients like minced garlic, ginger, or a splash of sesame oil for more depth.
- Serve Immediately: For the best texture, serve the sesame chicken immediately after it’s been coated with the sauce. This way, you’ll enjoy the perfect balance of crispy chicken and flavorful sauce.
- Garnish for Extra Appeal: Add a sprinkle of sesame seeds and some finely sliced green onions as a garnish. This not only adds to the flavor but also makes the dish visually appealing.
- Use a Light Cooking Spray: If your air fryer tends to stick, use a light spray of cooking oil on the basket before adding the chicken. This helps achieve crispness without adding much oil.
By following these pro tips, you’ll be able to enjoy restaurant-quality Air Fryer Frozen Sesame Chicken right in the comfort of your home!
Do I Need to Thaw Frozen Sesame Chicken Before Cooking? No, there’s no need to thaw it. Cooking it from frozen helps maintain the chicken’s texture and ensures it gets crispy.
How Long Does It Take to Cook Frozen Sesame Chicken in an Air Fryer? Typically, it takes about 8-12 minutes at 400°F (200°C). However, this can vary depending on the air fryer model and the size of the chicken pieces.
Can I Cook the Chicken and Sauce Together? It’s best to cook the chicken separately and then toss it in the sauce after cooking. This method keeps the chicken crispy.
How Do I Prevent the Chicken from Sticking to the Air Fryer Basket? Lightly spray the basket with cooking oil before adding the chicken. This helps prevent sticking without adding too much extra fat.
Is It Necessary to Preheat the Air Fryer? While not always necessary, preheating the air fryer can help cook the chicken evenly and achieve a crispier texture.
How Do I Know When the Chicken is Fully Cooked? The chicken is done when it’s golden brown and crispy on the outside. You can also check if it has reached a safe internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
Can I Add Other Ingredients to the Air Fryer with the Chicken? It’s best to cook the chicken on its own to ensure even cooking and crispiness. Other ingredients might have different cooking times.
How Do I Thaw the Sauce Packet? The easiest way is to place the sealed sauce packet in a bowl of warm water. This gently thaws the sauce without cooking it.
Can I Store Leftover Cooked Sesame Chicken? Yes, you can store it in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat it in the air fryer to restore some of the crispiness.
Is Air Fryer Sesame Chicken Healthier Than Takeout? Yes, generally it’s healthier because the air fryer uses less oil than traditional deep frying, reducing the overall fat content.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Trader Joe’s seasoned waffle cut fries.
- Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer Trader Joe’s Sweet Potato Fries
- Easy Air Fryer Homemade Waffles
- Air Fryer Ore-Ida Waffle Fries
- Air Fyrer Curly Fries
- Easy Air Fryer Homemade Waffle Fries
Don’t Forget To Pin
Air Fryer Frozen Sesame Chicken
- 1 package frozen sesame chicken
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to around 400 degrees F (200°C). This step ensures that your chicken cooks evenly and gets that desirable crispy texture.
- Prepare the Frozen Chicken: Place the frozen sesame chicken pieces in the air fryer basket. Make sure to spread them out in a single layer for even cooking. Avoid overcrowding the basket, as this can lead to uneven cooking.
- Cook the Chicken: Cook the frozen chicken for about 8-12 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, shake the basket or use tongs to turn the pieces, ensuring all sides get evenly crispy.
- Thaw the Sauce Packet: Thaw the frozen sauce packet while the chicken is cooking. The easiest way to do this is by placing the sealed packet in a bowl of warm water. This method allows the sauce to thaw gently without cooking it.
- Coat the Chicken in Sauce: Transfer it to a bowl once the chicken is cooked and crispy. Cut a corner off the thawed sauce packet and drizzle the sauce over the chicken. Toss gently to ensure all the pieces are evenly coated with the sauce.
- Serve: Serve your delicious Air Fryer Frozen Sesame Chicken h
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray, optional
- Parchment Paper, optional