I used to make these all of the time in the oven, and my son asked me to make a batch, I thought, maybe in the air fryer. These are really great and tasty and served along a side of hot marinara sauce; you have a great alternative to garlic bread. Here is my recipe for Air Fryer Crispy Cheese Twist.
- Puff Pastry, defrosted
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Asiago Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Spray your air fryer basket with olive oil spray.
- Start by making the egg wash. In a small mixing bowl, mix the egg and water, and beat with a fork until fluffy.
- Layout your puff pastry on a flat surface, and then using a pastry brush, brush the egg wash over the puff pastry.
- Sprinkle the cheeses, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Foll the puff pastry in half.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the filled puff pastry into long strips.
- Then twist the dough, turn it a few times, and it will curl for you.
- Place the cheese twist onto the basket, sprinkle some Italian seasoning on top.
- Set the temperature to 350 degrees F for about 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: Air Fryer Crispy Cheese Twist