Air Fryer Copycat McDonald’s French Fries — Who doesn’t love McDonald’s french fries? They’re crispy, salty, and so delicious. But the problem with them is that they’re not exactly healthy. That’s where the air fryer comes in. You can make delicious, crispy french fries without unhealthy oil with this appliance. In this blog post, I’m going to show you how to make McDonald’s-style french fries using your air fryer. Are you ready to get started?
Air Fryer Copycat McDonald’s French Fries are amazing! They truly take exactly like the McDonald’s Restaurant version, but these are so much better, homemade, and air fry up in less than 20 minutes! That is so much faster than the drive-thru.
If you love McDonald’s French Fries, you will love these. The trick and secret to McDonald’s French Fries is the brine. Today, I will show you how to make classic American French Fries at home. They are golden brown on the outside and tender and soft on the side. The perfect and best Air Fryer French Fry Recipe!
If you are looking for some other great Air Fryer Side Dishes, some of my favorites are Air Fryer Homemade French Fries or even Air Fryer Homemade Olive Garden Toasted Ravioli Recipe.
How To Make Air Fryer Copycat McDonald’s French Fries
Ingredients Needed For McDonald’s French Fries
- Russet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Beef Stock
- Light Corn Syrup
- White Vinegar
How To Make Air Fryer McDonald’s French Fries
Start by cutting your potatoes into 1/4th inch strips. In a large bowl, fill it halfway with cold water. Cut those pieces into 1/4th inch sticks. Place the cut potatoes into the cold water.
In another large bowl, whisk together the beef stock, 2 cups of water, corn syrup, kosher salt, and vinegar. Take the cut potatoes out of the water and place them into the brine. Brine for at least two hours, up to overnight.
Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F. Take the potatoes out of the brine and pat off any excess water. Place the potatoes in a large bowl, and toss with olive oil. Place the potatoes into the air fryer in a single layer; you may need to do this in batches. Air Fry for 12-16 minutes, shaking every few minutes until potatoes are tender and golden brown. Season immediately with sea salt to taste and serve.
What Air Fryer Can I Make Homemade Air Fryer French Fries In?
You can use anything from an Instant Pot Vortex Basket to Instant Pot Duo Crisp Air Fryer. This recipe will work in any air fryer, basket, or oven; the only difference will be a couple of minutes.
If you are using an oven model, be sure to put the rack on the bottom shelf so that the French fries don’t get too brown and end up burnt.
Why Soak the Potatoes in a Cold Brine?
When you soak the potatoes in cold water and then into the brine, it helps remove the starch. This helps the French fry get crispier.
I like to make my French Fries soak overnight, so they end up crispy.
How long does it take to cook frozen French fries in Air Fryer?
The exact time will depend on the air fryer you own and how thick your French Fries are. The thicker the French Fry, the longer it takes to air fry up.
The average time is about 12 to 16 minutes.
Can I layer fries in an air fryer?
No, it is best to pout them into a single layer in the air fryer basket. This way, they fully cook. Remember, an air fryer works by circulating the hot air around the food. If you layer the French Fries, the air will not reach the food, and it will not cook evenly or properly.
So, if you want crispy French fries, make sure they are in a single layer.
Are air fried fries healthy?
Air Fryer foods are generally considered healthier than deep-frying since you use so much less oil with air frying. Most nutritionists calculated that it cut calories by about 70% to 80% and equalfat proportionst.
How To Store and Reheat Leftovers McDonald’s French Fries
If you have any leftover French fires, allow them to cool to room temperature, and then place them into an airtight container.
To reheat them, place them into the air fryer at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting for about 5-7 minutes.
How To Freeze Air Fryer Copycat McDonald’s French Fries
If you would like to make a homemade batch and then freeze them before air frying. Prepare the French fries as this recipe, then place them on a baking sheet, pop the baking sheet into the freezer, and freeze.
When the French fires are frozen solid, place them into a freezer bag, and place the bag into the freezer, they will last up to 3 months.
To cook from frozen, set them into the air fryer basket and air fry at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes to cook frozen. Shaking the basket several times during the cooking process.
Some Other Great Air Fryer Copycat Recipes-
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN NUGGETS (CHICK-FIL-A COPYCAT)
- AIR FRYER STARBUCKS CRANBERRY BLISS BARS COPYCAT RECIPE
- INSTANT POT COPYCAT CHILI’S CAJUN CHICKEN PASTA
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT WINGERS STICKY CHICKEN FINGERS
- AIR FRYER OLIVE GARDEN COPYCAT TOASTED RAVIOLI
- COPYCAT CHILI’S SALSA
SOME PRODUCTS USED IN MAKING THIS RECIPE-
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- Instant Vortex Air Fryer 4 in 1, Best Fries Ever, Roast, Bake, Reheat, 6 Qt, 1700W
- POP Air Fry Mate, Stainless Steel French Fry Cutter, Commercial Grade Vegetable and Potato Slicer, Includes 2 Blade Size Cutter Options and No-Slip Suction.
Don’t Forget To Pin-
Air Fryer Copycat McDonald’s French Fries
- 2 medium Russet potaotes, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- Start by cutting your potatoes into 1/4th inch strips. In a large bowl, fill it halfway with cold water.
- Cut those pieces into 1/4th inch sticks. Place the cut potatoes into the cold water.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the beef stock, 2 cups of water, corn syrup, kosher salt, and vinegar.
- Take the cut potatoes out of the water and place them into the brine. Brine for at least two hours, up to overnight.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F. Take the potatoes out of the brine and pat off any excess water.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl, and toss with olive oil.
- Place the potatoes into the air fryer in a single layer; you may need to do this in batches.
- Air Fry for 12-16 minutes, shaking every few minutes until potatoes are tender and golden brown.
- Season immediately with sea salt to taste and serve.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- 1 Air Fryer, oven or basket