Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes — Get ready for a delightful treat that’s both easy to make and utterly irresistible!
Our Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes are the perfect bite-sized snack or dessert for any occasion. These little gems are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and generously coated in a sweet cinnamon sugar coating that will have your taste buds dancing with joy. Join us on a journey to donut heaven with this quick and delicious air fryer recipe. Your snack time just got a whole lot sweeter! 🍩✨
So, the next time you want a traditional deep-fried donut or want to satisfy your sweet tooth, this recipe is a perfect choice.
Homemade Air Fryer Doughnut Holes
Homemade Air Fryer Doughnut Holes are a delightful treat that brings the joy of freshly baked donuts right to your kitchen. These little round wonders are incredibly easy to make and boast a perfect balance of crispy exteriors and fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth interiors. They come together quickly, so you can satisfy your donut cravings in no time.
What sets these doughnut holes apart is the convenience and healthiness of air frying. Instead of deep-frying in a vat of oil, the air fryer uses hot air circulation to achieve that coveted golden-brown crust, reducing the need for excess oil. Once they’re cooked to perfection, a generous roll in cinnamon sugar or your favorite glaze adds the finishing touch. Whether you enjoy them as a sweet breakfast treat or a delightful snack,
Homemade Air Fryer Doughnut Holes are a delight you’ll want to savor repeatedly.
Why You Will Love This Recipe!
You’ll fall head over heels for our Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes, and here’s why:
- Quick and Easy: This recipe is a breeze to whip up, minutes of prep time. You’ll have warm, freshly baked donut holes ready to enjoy in just a few simple steps—no need to wait in long lines at the bakery or drive-thru.
- Healthier Option: These donut holes are air-fried and not soaked in oil like traditional deep-fried donuts. You can indulge in that classic donut taste without the excessive grease.
- Perfect Texture: The air fryer delivers a fantastic combination of crispy exteriors and soft, tender interiors. Each bite is a delightful contrast of textures that’ll leave you craving more.
- Irresistible Flavor: The sweet, aromatic blend of cinnamon and sugar provides a sweet coating to each donut hole, creating a flavor explosion with every bite. It’s a timeless combination that’s hard to resist.
- Customizable: While cinnamon sugar is a classic choice, you can customize your coatings for different flavor profiles, powdered sugar, chocolate glaze, or a maple syrup drizzle.
- Perfectly Portable: These bite-sized donut holes are ideal for on-the-go snacking. Whether enjoying them with your morning coffee or packing them as a sweet treat in lunchboxes, they’re convenient and mess-free.
- Kid-Friendly: Kids and adults alike will adore these donut holes. They make for a fun and interactive baking project with little ones and are perfect for satisfying sweet cravings without the mess of traditional donuts.
- Versatile Treat: While they’re excellent as a snack or dessert, donut holes also make charming additions to brunch spreads or special occasions. They’re a crowd-pleaser, no matter the setting.
Get ready to experience the joy of homemade donut holes with our Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes. With their irresistible flavor and quick preparation, they’ll become a household favorite quickly!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes
Indulge in the comforting aroma of freshly baked donuts with our Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes. Crafting these delectable treats at home is a delightful experience, and it all starts with a simple yet flavorful lineup of ingredients that promise to deliver the perfect balance of sweetness and spice. Let’s dive into the simple ingredients that transform your kitchen into a donut haven.
Remember the step-by-step directions, full recipe, and detailed ingredient list are below, in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Flour: All-purpose flour serves as the base of the donut holes, providing structure and texture to the dough.
- Kosher Salt: Salt enhances the overall flavor profile, balancing the sweetness of the donuts.
- Ground Nutmeg: Ground nutmeg adds a warm, aromatic spice that complements the cinnamon and gives the donut holes a delightful flavor.
- Ground Cinnamon: Ground cinnamon infuses the dough with a classic, comforting spice flavor characteristic of cinnamon sugar donuts.
- Baking Powder: Baking powder acts as the leavening agent, helping the donut holes rise and become light and airy.
- Large Egg: The egg contributes to the structure and moisture of the dough, ensuring the donut holes are soft and tender.
- Granulated sugar: Granulated sugar sweetens the donut dough, providing that irresistible sweetness.
- Butter: Melted butter adds richness and flavor to the dough, making it tender and delicious.
- Whole milk: Whole milk provides moisture and helps create a soft, cohesive dough.
How To Make Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes In Air Fryer
To make these irresistible air fryer donut holes in your air fryer, follow these simple steps:
Prepare the Donut Dough: In a mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and baking powder. Whisk the egg, granulated sugar, melted butter, and whole milk in a separate bowl until well combined.
Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients: Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until a sticky dough forms. It should come together easily but don’t overmix.
Form Donut Holes: Scoop out small portions of the dough and roll them into 1-inch balls to create donut holes. Place them on a baking sheet or a plate.
Air Fry the Donut Holes: Lightly grease the air fryer basket or tray to prevent sticking. Alternatively, you can line the air fryer basket with parchment paper. Place the donut holes in a single layer in the preheated air fryer, leaving a little space between each one. You may need to cook them in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
Air Fry for Golden Perfection: Cook the donut holes at 320 degrees F (160°C) for about 5-6 minutes until they turn golden brown and are cooked through. Keep a close eye on them, as cooking times vary between air fryer models.
Prepare the cinnamon sugar mixture Coating: While the donut holes are still warm, brush them with melted butter using a pastry brush. In a separate small bowl, combine cinnamon and granulated sugar for the coating.
Coat the Donut Holes: Roll each warm donut hole in the cinnamon-sugar mixture until it’s generously coated. Set them aside on a cooling rack or plate.
Enjoy Warm: These Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes are best enjoyed while still warm and freshly coated. Serve them as a delightful snack, dessert, or breakfast treat; the whole family will love this easy recipe!
Repeat and Indulge: If you have more dough, repeat the air frying and coating process until all your donut holes are ready. They’re irresistibly delicious, so get ready to savor every bite!
Get ready to elevate your Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes with these delicious recipe variations:
- Chocolate Glazed Donut Holes: After air frying and coating with cinnamon-sugar, dip the donut holes in a rich chocolate glaze made from melted chocolate chips and a touch of butter. Let them cool until the glaze sets for a delightful chocolate twist.
- Jam-Filled Donut Holes: Fill the donut holes with your favorite fruit jam or preserves before air frying. Inject a small amount of jam into each dough ball using a pastry bag or a squeeze bottle. After cooking, you’ll have delightful, fruity surprises inside.
- Maple-Glazed Donut Holes: Skip the cinnamon-sugar coating for a classic maple glaze. Combine powdered sugar, maple syrup, and a bit of milk to create a smooth glaze. Dip each donut hole into the glaze, allowing any excess to drip off.
- Sprinkled Donut Holes: Add a pop of color and fun by rolling your freshly air-fried donut holes in colorful sprinkles. The combination of sweet, crunchy sprinkles and soft dough is a delightful treat.
- Lemon Zest Donut Holes: Add lemon zest to the dough and the cinnamon-sugar coating for a zesty twist—the bright citrus flavor pairs wonderfully with the sweetness of the sugar and spices.
- Stuffed Nutella Donut Holes: Fill these donut holes with a small dollop of Nutella or your favorite hazelnut chocolate spread before air frying. Warm, gooey Nutella paired with the cinnamon-sugar coating is pure bliss.
- Powdered Sugar Donut Holes: Instead of cinnamon sugar, roll your air-fried donut holes in powdered sugar for a classic and timeless treat. The snowy white coating adds a touch of elegance.
- Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes: Incorporate pumpkin puree and blend fall spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves into the dough for a seasonal twist. Finish with a dusting of cinnamon-spiced powdered sugar.
- Savory Donut Holes: Explore a savory option by adding ingredients like shredded cheese, herbs, or bacon bits to the dough. Skip the sugar coating and enjoy these as a unique appetizer or snack.
- Gluten-Free Donut Holes: Use a gluten-free flour blend instead of all-purpose flour to create gluten-free donut holes. Ensure that all ingredients, including baking powder and spices, are gluten-free.
These delectable but simple recipe variations offer a world of flavor possibilities, allowing you to customize your Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes to suit your preferences and cravings. Enjoy experimenting and savoring each delightful bite!
Achieve perfection with your Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes using these pro tips:
- Space Them Out: While placing the donut holes in the air fryer basket, make sure they are evenly spaced and not touching each other. This allows for proper air circulation and even cooking.
- Lightly Grease the Basket: To prevent sticking, lightly grease the air fryer basket or tray with a non-stick cooking spray or a small amount of oil before adding the donut holes.
- Monitor Closely: Keep a close eye on the cooking time, especially during the last few minutes. Air fryers can cook quickly; you don’t want your donut holes to overcook or burn.
- Use an Instant-Read Thermometer: For precise cooking, use an instant-read thermometer to check the internal temperature of a donut hole. They are done when they reach an internal temperature of around 200°F (93°C).
- Brush with Butter While Warm: When the donut holes are cooked and warm, brush them with melted butter. This step helps the cinnamon-sugar coating adhere and adds a rich, buttery flavor.
- Coat Generously: Be generous when rolling the warm donut holes in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Roll them thoroughly to ensure every inch is coated for maximum flavor.
- Experiment with Flavors: Don’t hesitate to experiment with different coatings, fillings, and flavors. Whether chocolate glaze, fruit fillings, or unique spices, you can customize your donut holes to suit your taste.
- Serve Warm: These donut holes are at their best when enjoyed warm. Serve them fresh from the air fryer for the crispiest exterior and softest interior.
- Double-Check Ingredients: Before starting, double-check that you have all the ingredients and equipment ready. It’s essential to have everything at hand to ensure a smooth and efficient cooking process.
By following these pro tips, you’ll master the art of making Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes easily and confidently, creating a batch of delectable treats everyone adores. Enjoy the sweet satisfaction of homemade donuts right from your air fryer!
Can I use a different type of flour for this recipe? While all-purpose flour is traditionally used for donut holes, you can experiment with alternative flours like whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour blends for dietary preferences or restrictions. Just be aware that the texture and taste may vary slightly.
Can I prepare the dough ahead of time and cook the donut holes later? Yes, you can prepare the dough ahead of time, shape the donut holes, and refrigerate them until you’re ready to air fry. Just make sure to cover them to prevent them from drying out. Cook them when you’re ready to enjoy, as fresh donuts are the best.
What can I do if my donut holes are not as brown as I’d like them to be? If your donut holes aren’t as brown as you’d prefer after the recommended cooking time, you can give them a little extra cooking time, but be cautious not to overcook them. Keep an eye on them, as they can quickly go from golden brown to dark in an air fryer.
Can I freeze the donut holes for later use? You can freeze the cooked and cooled donut holes for future enjoyment. Place them in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag, separating layers with parchment paper to prevent sticking. To reheat, simply air fry them again until warmed through.
Can I use a different coating besides cinnamon sugar? Absolutely! You can get creative with coatings. Try powdered sugar, glazes, chocolate drizzles, or crushed nuts for a unique twist on your donut holes.
Can I make mini filled donuts with this recipe? Yes, you can create filled donuts using this dough. After air frying and cooling, use a piping bag to inject your favorite filling (like jam, custard, or Nutella) into the center of the donut holes for a delightful surprise.
How to store: Let the easy donut balls cool to room temperature, and then place them into an airtight container or Ziploc bag; these delicious donuts will last for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
Can I use a different air fryer temperature and time for this recipe? Air fryer models can vary, so following the recommended temperature and time in the recipe is essential. However, you can adjust slightly based on your specific air fryer’s performance. Just be cautious not to overcook them
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY DONUTS
- EASY AIR FRYER CHINESE DONUTS
- AIR FRYER APPLE CIDER DONUTS
- AIR FRYER BISCUIT DONUT HOLES
Equipment Used and Recommended For Making Easy Air Fryer Donuts:
- Rbenxia Silicone Cake Mold 20-cavity Half Circle Lollipop Party Cupcake Baking Mold Cake Pop Stick Mold Tray Pink with 25 Sticks
Don’t Forget To Pin!
Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
Cinnamon-Sugar Coating Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking powder, and sugar.
- In another mixing bowl, mix the egg, melted butter, and milk.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Knead until the dough forms.
- Then grease your donut pan with olive oil.
- Fill your donut pan up, and then place the pan into the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 320 degrees F, for 7-10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then roll into melted butter and then into the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Donut Hole Pan
- Cooking Spray