Air Fryer Cinnamon Roll Braid — What could be better than a warm, gooey cinnamon roll? A warm, gooey cinnamon braid, of course! This recipe is simple to make and results in a delicious breakfast or dessert that will please everyone. Plus, it looks impressive and is sure to impress your guests! Give it a try – you won’t be disappointed.
If you’re looking for an impressive and delicious breakfast or brunch dish, look no further than this cinnamon roll braid. It’s simple to make and always a hit with guests. Plus, it’s perfect for any time of year, since cinnamon is a cozy winter flavor and also great for summertime picnics and barbecues. So go ahead and give this recipe a try – I promise you won’t be disappointed!
What Is A Cinnamon Roll Braid
Cinnamon rolls are one of those classic, comforting treats that everyone seems to love. But sometimes they can be a little bit time-consuming to make. This cinnamon roll braid is a fun and easy alternative that still delivers all the deliciousness of traditional cinnamon rolls, but without all the fuss. Plus, it looks pretty impressive when you serve it up! So if you’re looking for an easy yet impressive dessert idea, this is definitely it. Enjoy!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Cinnamon Roll Braid
Are you looking for a delicious and easy air fryer recipe? Then you need to try this cinnamon roll braid! It is so good and only takes a few minutes to make. Plus, it is perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch. Keep reading for the ingredient list and cooking instructions. Enjoy!
- Pizza Dough: Use room temperature pizza dough. You can use homemade or store-bought.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter.
- Maple Extract: Maple extract adds a lot of flavors, make sure that you use a pure extract, made with real maple syrup.
- Brown Sugar: Adds some great sweetness to the cinnamon rolls.
- Ground Cinnamon: Adds some extract flavor!
How To Cook Cinnamon Roll Braid In The Air Fryer
Roll Out The Pizza Dough: Lightly flour a wooden cutting board. Roll out the pizza dough to 1/4 inch thick
Prepare The Filling: In a small bowl combine softened butter, maple extract, brown sugar, cane sugar, and cinnamon.
Roll It Up: Brush the dough with the buttery cinnamon sugar mixture. Tightly roll the dough into a log, making sure the seam is on the bottom.
Cut The Rolls: Take a pair of kitchen shears and cut a slit every 1” down the length of the dough.
Air Frying: Preheat the air fryer to 375° for five minutes. Take each section of the dough and gently pull it to rest on the alternating left and right sides of the log. Then, form the log into a circle and tuck the end pieces inside of each other to seal. Place the cinnamon roll into the air fryer and cook for 8 minutes.
Glaze The Cinnamon Rolls
Ingredients Needed For Cream Cheese Frosting
With only a few ingredients, you can make a homemade cream chees frosting, perfect for your cinnamon roll braid!
- Cream Cheese: You can use regular cream cheese or low fat, make sure it’s room temperature.
- Butter: Use room temperature, unsalted butter.
- Vanilla Extract: For the best flavor, use pure vanilla extract.
- Heavy Cream: You can also use oat milk, or almond milk if you want a dairy-free option.
- Confectioner’s Sugar: For the best results, I recommend sifting your powdered sugar.
Mix Together The Glaze Ingredients: Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl and mix well using a hand mixer or whisk.
Pour over cinnamon rolls: Drizzle the glaze, love the cinnamon rolls.
Pro Tips For The Best Air Fried Cinnamon Roll Braid
With the holidays right around the corner, now is the time to start thinking about your baking game plan. If you’re looking for something a little different and extra delicious, why not try out this air fried cinnamon roll braid recipe? It’s simple to make and sure to impress your guests! Here are some pro tips to help you get the best results.
- Pizza Dough: Make sure that your pizza dough is fully defrosted, before starting to prepare this recipe. I find that pizza dough is easier to roll when it is at room temperature.
- Spray Your Basket: To prevent the bread from sticking to the air fryer basket, make sure you either spray your basket with cooking spray or use some parchment paper. Both will prevent the dough from sticking to the basket.
- Timing: Since every air fryer is slightly different, it’s important that you check on your cinnamon braid as it cooks up. Remove the cinnamon roll braid when it’s fully cooked.
- Glaze: Make sure that your cinnamon roll braid bread is slightly cooled, before adding the glaze, otherwise the glaze will run off, and melt. You can also serve the cinnamon roll braid with leftover glaze, for a great dipping sauce!
Frequently Asked Questions:
How To Serve Cinnamon Braid Bread
The most popular way to serve these is for a holiday, whether Easter, Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or even Valentine’s Day! This is also a perfect breakfast or brunch for a special birthday, or when you want a great breakfast to impress your guests!
They are best served on the same day that you air fry them. Lucky for you the Air Fryer Cinnamon Roll Braid is quick to assemble and air fry!
Can These Cinnamon Rolls Be Prepared Before Hand To Bake Later?
Prepare: You can easily assemble this, and wrap it tightly with saran wrap. Placed into the refrigerator it will last overnight. I would not recommend preparing it more in advance than that.
How To Store
If you have any leftover cinnamon rolls, let them cool to room temperature, and then place them into an airtight container. They will last in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
Reheat Cinnamon Rolls In Air Fryer
Place any leftover cinnamon rolls into the air fryer basket, and then set the temperature to 300 degrees F. Use the air fryer setting, and cook until the cinnamon rolls are warmed through. Drizzle some additional glaze on top, right before eating!
More Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
The air fryer is a great appliance to have in the kitchen, and it’s especially handy for preparing quick and easy breakfasts. If you’re looking for some new ideas, check out these recipes for air fryer bacon, eggs, and toast. They’ll get your day off to a delicious start!
AIR FRYER CARAMEL APPLE MUFFINS: Muffins are a breakfast staple, but they can also be enjoyed as a dessert. These Air Fryer Caramel Apple Muffins are a delicious combination of sweet and tart, and they’re perfect for fall. Plus, they’re made in the air fryer so they’re healthy and low calorie!
AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY MUFFINS: If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy breakfast option, look no further than these air fryer strawberry muffins! They are quick and easy to make, and they taste amazing.
AIR FRYER CINNAMON ROLL MONKEY BREAD: Making monkey bread is a lot of fun, but it can be a bit time-consuming. This recipe for cinnamon roll monkey bread in your air fryer cuts the cooking time down to just 15 minutes! Plus, the air fryer gives the rolls a nice crispy outside. You’ll love this quick and easy version of one of our favorite recipes.
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Do you love cinnamon rolls? How about air fryers? If you answered yes to both of those questions, then you're going to love this recipe! It's a cinnamon roll braid made in your air fryer. The best part is that it only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish. So if you're looking for an easy and delicious breakfast or dessert recipe, this is definitely one to try!
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 ups confectioners sugar
Lightly flour a wooden cutting board
Roll out the pizza dough to 1/4 inch thick
In a small bowl combine softened butter, maple extract, brown sugar, cane sugar, and cinnamon
Brush the dough with the buttery cinnamon sugar mixture.
Tightly roll the dough into a log, making sure the seam is on the bottom.
Take a pair of kitchen shears and cut a slit every 1” down the length of the dough.
Preheat the air fryer to 375° for five minutes
Take each section of the dough and gently pull to rest on the alternating left and right side of the log. Then, form the log into a circle and tuck the end pieces inside of each other to seal.
Place the cinnamon roll into the air fryer and cook for 8 minutes.
While the dough is cooking, prepare the frosting. Combine all ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl and mix well using a hand mixer or whisk.
Serve warm with frosting drizzled over the rolls and enjoy!
Leave a Reply