Air Fryer Churros — The air fryer is a fantastic kitchen appliance that can cook anything from chicken nuggets to french fries. But what about when you want something sweet? It’s time to break out the air fryer churros! These yummy treats are perfect for breakfast or dessert, and they’ll be done in less than 10 minutes. And don’t worry, these will still taste like they came fresh off of a street vendor cart in Mexico City. So grab your ingredients and get ready to make some delicious Churros with Air Fryer!
There is nothing like a hot and delicious Air Fryer Churros for a quick afternoon snack break, gobbled up by the kids. Coated with cinnamon and sugar, it’s a unique and easy treat with the help of your air fryer.
If you love homemade baked goods, this is the perfect treat for you. Covered with cinnamon and sugar, it’s so delicious, and it’s a family favorite. We enjoyed these for months, and I finally had time to sit down and write this up.
What Is A Churro?
If you have not heard of a churro, they are Mexican pastries. Taco bell used to sell them years ago, and my kids truly fell in love with them. I mean, who wouldn’t love a pastry coated with granulated sugar and ground cinnamon? You can even dip it into a chocolate sauce for the ultimate dessert.
A churro is typically deep-fried. Homemade air fryer churros are air fried. You still get the fantastic flavor and the same crunch, but much healthier than the deep-fried version.
The secret to a great churro is that you have to pipe the dough, which is relatively easy, assuming that you have the correct tool, I picked this one up on Amazon, affiliate link:
How To Make Churros
Making air fryer churros is a breeze. Once you make the dough and pipe it, there is little to do but air fry them, and of course, eat them.
The secret is to lay them out and then refrigerate them to stay in proper churro form. So, always allow at least an hour for refrigeration.
Ingredients Needed To Make Air Fryer Churros
Most of the ingredients are probably in your pantry or refrigerator. There is nothing special here, just everyday baking ingredients,
How To Make Churros In An Air Fryer
In a saucepan, add the water, butter, sugar, and salt. Bring to a slow simmer.
Continue to simmer and then add flour to the saucepan.
Stirring constantly with a rubber spatula, cook until the dough comes together and is smooth.
Remove the dough from the stove and place the dough in a mixing bowl. Let cool for 5 minutes.
Mix the eggs and vanilla extract into the bowl, and use an electric hand mixer or mix until the dough forms.
Pipe churros onto the greased baking sheet (or a sheet lined with wax paper) into 4 to 5-inch lengths. Refrigerate the churros until cold and solid, about an hour. Then place the hard churros into a greased air fryer basket. Be careful not to crowd the basket.
Air fry at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes until golden brown (air fryer setting)
Air fry at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. In a small bowl, mix the sugar and ground cinnamon. When the churros are done air frying, coat them with the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- If you do not have a churro tool, use a piping bag. You can find disposable ones on Amazon, and then use the piping tip number: Ateco 5, which will give you the distinct shape of a classic churro.
- For the churros to air fry well, they really need to be solid. I would give yourself at least an hour before attempting to air fry them.
- Do not crowd the air fryer basket. Otherwise, they will not crips up; you will end up with soggy churros.
- Best served hot. Cold churros are not the same.
- I used chocolate sauce, but you can use anything or eat them plain.
Some Other Great Air Fryer Pastry Recipes–
- 1 cup of water
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray, or line it with wax paper.
- In a saucepan, add the water, butter, sugar, and salt. Bring to a slow simmer.
- Continue to simmer and then add flour to the saucepan.
- Stir constantly with a rubber spatula and cook until the dough comes together and is smooth.
- Remove the dough from the stove and place the dough into a mixing bowl. Let excellent for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the eggs and vanilla extract using an electric hand mixer or mix until the dough forms.
- Place the dough into a piping bag.
- Pipe churros onto the baking sheet into 4 to 5-inch lengths.
- Refrigerate the churros until cold and solid, about an hour.
- Place the cold churros into a greased air fryer basket. Being careful not to overcrowd the basket.
- Air fry at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar and ground cinnamon.
- When the churros are done air frying, coat them with the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Optional: Serve warm with Nutella or chocolate dipping sauce.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 285mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.