Air Fryer Chorizo and Cheddar Biscuits — Move over, pumpkin spice! It’s time to get ready for chorizo and cheddar biscuits. These savory little morsels are perfect as an appetizer or a side dish, and they’re easy to make in your air fryer. Plus, they’re delicious with a smear of butter on top. So why not give them a try? Your taste buds will thank you.
There’s a new cheese biscuit in town and it’s got your name all over it. But unlike those old-fashioned cheese biscuits, these are made with chorizo for a little extra flavor. So if you’re looking for something to liven up your breakfast routine, give these air fryer chorizo and cheddar biscuits a try. You won’t regret it!
Chorizo and Cheddar Biscuits
There’s nothing more satisfying than a fresh, hot biscuit made with love. I have been making these Air Fryer Chorizo and Cheddar Biscuits for years now and they are simply the best!
They are filled with flavor, from ground chorizo, cheddar cheese, and even some pepper jack cheese for some spice! I also included lots of seasonings for even another level of flavor.
And of course, with the air fryer, they will crisp up to perfection and be cooked in less than 10 minutes!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Chorizo and Cheddar Biscuits
Today, we used some simple ingredients to create a delicious cheese biscuit!
- Self-Rising Flour: You can use store-bought or I included a recipe for a simple recipe for self-rising flour below. Self-rising flour is nothing more than all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Butter: Use cold and unsalted butter.
- Cheese: Cheddar Cheese and Pepper Jack Cheese, for best results, use freshly shredded cheese.
- Chorizo: Adds some spice to this dish!
- Sour Cream: Use either low-fat or full-fat sour cream.
- Buttermilk: Use homemade or store-bought buttermilk, but make sure that it’s cold.
- Seasonings and Spices: Taco Seasoning and fresh cilantro.
How To Cook Chorizo and Cheddar Biscuits In the Air Fryer
Printable recipe card with detailed measurements and instructions at bottom of the page.
In a large mixing bowl combine flour and softened butter.
Mix until crumb-like texture forms. In a separate bowl, toss 1 tablespoon of flour with shredded pepper jack and cheddar cheese, taco seasoning, and cilantro.
Combine the bowls, then add chorizo, sour cream, and buttermilk. Need thoroughly and form into a ball.
Preheat the air fryer to 385 degrees F. Lightly flour a wooden cutting board and place the dough ball on top. Roll dough to 1” thick. Cut into 12 equal sections.
Combine melted butter with taco seasoning. Brush the biscuits.
Lightly spray the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray and arrange biscuits leaving 1 inch of space between. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
Tips For Making The Best Biscuits In Air Fryer
Are you looking for a way to make the best biscuits in an air fryer? If so, then you are in luck, below we shared some tips for making the best biscuits in the air fryer.
- Cold Ingredients: For best results, and for a really flaky biscuit, make sure that you use cold ingredients. Store the butter and buttermilk in the refrigerator, until ready to use.
- Over Mixing: For best results, do not overmix the ingredients. As you continue to mix the ingredients, gluten is developed in the dough, which will lead to a hard biscuit. For a flaky biscuit, stop mixing once the ingredients are mixed.
- Crowding: For best results, leave plenty of room around the biscuits. The hot air that circulates in the air fryer, will help cook the biscuits.
- Flipping: Depending on the air fryer that you are using, you may need to flip the biscuits halfway during the cooking cycle.
- Timing: Since every air fryer is slightly different, it’s important that you check on your air fryer biscuits, as they cook up.
Air Fryer Low Carb Biscuits Recipe
You can easily adapt this recipe for a low-carb and keto-friendly recipe. All you need to do is a substitute, the flour for a keto self-rising flour recipe!
The rest of the ingredients in this recipe are keto and low-carb friendly, but remember to check the labels to make sure you are picking keto-friendly options.
How To Store Air Fryer Biscuits
If you have any leftover biscuits, let them cool to room temperature. Then place them into an airtight container or Ziploc bag. The biscuits will last for 2 to 3 days, at room temperature.
To Freeze: These biscuits freeze really well. Let them cool to room temperature, then place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place the baking sheet into the freezer, and freeze until frozen solid. Remove the biscuits, and place them into a freezer-safe container or freezer bag. They will last for about 2 to 3 months.
How To Reheat Biscuits In The Air Fryer
Are you looking for a quick and easy way to reheat biscuits? Then you need to try using your air fryer! In just a few minutes, your biscuits will be heated through and ready to enjoy. Here is how to do it, perfectly every time.
- Place the biscuits into the air fryer.
- Set the temperature to 300 degrees F, using the air fryer setting.
- Heat until the biscuits are warmed through.
More Air Fryer Bread Recipes
Do you love air fryer bread recipes? I know I do! There are so many different ways to make bread in your air fryer, and it always comes out perfectly. Below, are some of my favorite air fryer bread recipes with you
AIR FRYER JALAPENO POPPER STUFFED BREAD: Who doesn’t love a good jalapeno popper? But sometimes, you don’t want the mess that comes with stuffing and frying the peppers. Solution: make them into stuffed bread! This recipe is simple to follow and results in a delicious appetizer or main course. Give it a try today!
AIR FRYER PUMPKIN TWISTS: November is a month of all things pumpkin. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins. And now, there are air fryer pumpkin twists. These are perfect for a quick snack or an easy dessert. Plus, they’re gluten-free and low-carb! So grab your ingredients and get baking!
AIR FRYER COPYCAT LITTLE CAESAR CRAZY BREAD: Do you love Little Caesar’s Crazy Bread? I know I do. But, who has the time to make it from scratch? Not me! That’s where my air fryer comes in handy. I’ve created a copycat recipe that is simple and easy to make. Air Fryer Crazy Bread will have you thinking you’re eating the real thing!
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Chorizo and Cheddar Biscuits
- 3 cups self-rising flour , plus 1 tablespoon
- 3/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces Pepper jack cheese
- 4 ounces Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound ground chorizo
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, salted
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour and softened butter. Mix until crumb-like texture forms.
- In a separate bowl, toss 1 tablespoon of flour with shredded pepper jack and cheddar cheese, taco seasoning, and cilantro. Combine the bowls, then add chorizo, sour cream, and buttermilk. Need thoroughly and form into a ball.
- Preheat the air fryer to 385 degrees F.
- Lightly flour a wooden cutting board and place the dough ball on top. Roll dough to 1” thick. Cut into 12 equal sections.
- Combine melted butter with taco seasoning. Brush the biscuits.
- Lightly spray air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray and arrange biscuits leaving 1 inch of space between. Cook for eight minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Air Fryer