Air Fryer Apple Pie Cinnamon Twists what is not to love a flaky puff pastry filled with apple butter and topped with cinnamon sugar and melted butter. It seems like the perfect dessert for me!
I love apple season, and with these effortless and tasty desserts, you can now make an amazing apple pie dessert for the entire family.
If you are looking for the perfect after school treat or a fall inspired dessert, this is one of my favorites, and you only need a few ingredients perfect!
If you are looking for even more fall recipes, some of my favorite Air Fryer Apple Recipes are AIR FRYER APPLE CHEDDAR BACON SCONES, AIR FRYER APPLE PIE EGG ROLLS, APPLE PIE CINNAMON ROLL CUPS, and AIR FRYER APPLE CRANBERRY BREAD.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Apple Pie Cinnamon Twists
- Crescent Dough
- Apple Butter
- Brown Sugar
- All-Purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
How To Make Air Fryer Apple Pie Cinnamon Twists
Start by laying out your crescent dough, cut the dough into 4 equal pieces.
In a small bowl, mix the apple butter, brown sugar, and flour. Spread the apple butter mixture onto two of the rectangles.
Then place the empty crescent dough piece on top of the apple pie mixture. Pressing firmly to seal.
Brush the melted butter on top of the dough. In a small bowl, mix the sugar and ground cinnamon. Sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Use a pizza cutter to cut into long strips. Spray your air fryer basket with olive oil. As you twist the apple pie pastry, place them into the greased air fryer tray. Set the temperature to 320 degrees F for 5-7 minutes. (air fryer setting)
Some Pro Tips:
- Today, I used apple butter, which is a rich buttery sauce, and it’s amazing.
- The best tool for cutting these is a pizza cutter, but use a sharp knife if you do not have one.
- After the Air Fryer, Apple Pie Cinnamon Twists are done cooking, and you can either make a simple icing with powdered sugar and milk or sprinkle more cinnamon and sugar over them.
What Can I Use Besides Crescent Dough?
This recipe would be perfect if you wanted to use puff pastry. The recipe would really puff up during cooking.
However, to get puff pastry to rise in the air fryer, you need to increase the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, and the cooking time would remain the same.
Where To Find Apple Butter
A very common question, you can find apple butter in the grocery store in the same aisle as the jelly, and peanut butter.
This recipe would work with any of the following fillings. These have become a staple in our household over the past year, and we love making a quick batch. They make for a great snack!
Some other options are:
- Pumpkin Butter
- Guava Paste
- Pear Butter
- Plum Butter
- Fig Butter or Paste
Some Other Great Air Fryer Pastry Recipes–
SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS USED
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.|
DO NOT FORGET TO PIN,
- 8 ounces Crescent Roll Dough–sheet works best
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Start by laying out your crescent dough.
- Cut into 4 equal pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix the apple butter, brown sugar, and flour.
- Spread the apple butter mixture onto two of the rectangles.
- Then place the empty crescent dough piece on top of the apple pie mixture. Pressing firmly to seal.
- Brush the melted butter on top of the dough.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut into long strips.
- Spray your air fryer basket with olive oil.
- As you twist the apple pie pastry, place them into the greased air fryer tray.
- Set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5-7 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 188mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 3g