Air fryer cakes are so easy to make and everyone loves cake. You can make this delicious cake recipe from scratch with our simple instructions.
I love to bake, I have been baking since I was a child, and was given an easy bake oven. Now, that I have an air fryer and Instant Pot, those are my new tools. They replaced my childhood dream toy. But, sometimes cooking with my air fryer, brings me back some fond memories since some of the food is miniature in size.
I have several air fryers, and this remains my favorite, easy to use and easy to clean up. It’s priced VERY reasonably.
Baking is a science, some of us have it, some of us do not. As a small child, my mother would always bake cakes from mixes. As I got older and I was armed with a husband who loves cakes, I became more adventurous.
This is a really gooey dessert, that is perfect for anyone looking for a special dessert, something really chocolatey and gooey. I had to get a special cast iron pan for this, but it was so worth it, and I can see myself using it for dips and other baked goods in the air fryer.
It’s just a great treat!!
Here are some tips for making a cake in the Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer, just make sure that you use gloves when you go and put your pan into the air fryer.
- Always spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray, just as if you are making a cake in the oven. ( I use whatever I have on hand, either Pam or Baker’s Joy) Trader Joe’s makes a great non-stick cooking spray too.
- I cook my cake for the air fryer, low and slow, this makes them brown better and I find that it does take longer but, also makes for a moist cake.
- Set the butter and eggs at room temperature.
- Use the correct tools to measure dry ingredients, never use a measuring cup, always use these tools
- For a lighter batter, always cream the butter and sugar together.
- Allow the cake to cool, just about 10 minutes and you should be able to easily get the cake out of the pan.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin For Later–
Air Fryer, Chocolate Brownie Lava Cake
This is a really easy dessert, my kids love this served with a huge scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 3 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- Start by cutting up the chocolate and butter and placing it in a small saucepan.
- Slowly, melt, and keep on stirring until you get a nice creamy liquid Just keep on stirring, otherwise, it will scorch.
- One it is smooth, remove from heat and mix in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Once that is all blended, add the flour.
- Mix all of the flour completely in, scraping the sides, and making sure that your saucepan has no four visible.
- Grease your air fryer safe pan, or use ramekins (only if they are heat safe)
- Fill it about 1/2 way. Place your dish into the air fryer basket and set the time for 375 for 10 minutes, you do not want to overcook this.
- You should be watching this as you only want to the edges to set, once it’s done, pull it out, let stand to slightly cool. Use a knife to loosen the edges, so you can flip it out.
- Plate, serve and enjoy! I served mine in the small cast iron pan, which I think was perfect, therefore I didn’t remove mine.
Keywords: air fryer chocolate cake air fryer molten lava cakes air fryer recipes easy air fryer lava cake air fryer desserts air fryer mini cake how to make lava cake in air fryer air fryer brownies