I had a wonderful childhood; I grew up in the North End of Boston, which if you have never been to the North End, is lined up with Italian restaurants, which serve both traditional Italian food and pizza. We always grabbed a pizza on Friday nights, on the way to friends, movies or just handing out.
Pizza night was and is always on Friday nights at our house, it provides a fast and easy clean-up meal, which makes a perfect meal for on-the-go
It’s one of the easiest and versatile meals for parties and crowds.
Now, that I own an air fryer, I can make a homemade pizza in less than 10 minutes. One of the main issues with making pizza in an air fryer is how do you stop the toppings from just flying around in the air fryer? After experimenting for a while, I found an easy solution for everyone, if you put the toppings underneath the cheese they fly around less, or just use a trivet which will keep all the toppings in place.
This would make an excellent idea for a pizza party, since you are making individual pizzas, what would be better than inviting your friends over, and having them create and cook their own creation in the air fryer?
My kids love pizza and they have always loved pizza, ever since they were toddlers. Pizza is the ultimate fast food in America, and if you are armed with an air fryer.
One of the hardest things to do when making pizza is the pizza dough, I use a basic dough, and I tweaked it over the years, it was my Grandmother’s recipe, and I’m sure she got it from someone else, (that’s how most recipes used to be passed on, before the internet)
Because pizza dough only contains yeast, water, flour, salt, and olive oil, it’s a very economical meal. The best flour to use in pizza dough is a high protein, this will give the dough a nice bite to it, the flour you use will make or break your pizza.
This one of my favorite pizza flour, I can’t tell you how awesome it is, try it for yourself.
The only other thing I would recommend for anyone looking to make a ton of pizza’s in the air fryer, or make them every week, is to invest in a good quality pizza pan. I like this one, but it will depend on the size of your air fryer. My Air Fryer is a 5.8 quart (I own several of them), if you do not possess an air fryer pizza pan, you can put the unbaked pizza into the air fryer basket.
Don’t Forget to Pin–Print
Air Fryer, Bubble Up Pizza
This is such an easy and fun way to make a homemade pizza in the air fryer. Today, I used biscuit dough, which is always a great thing to use in the air fryer.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 11
- Total Time: 21
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- 1 container refrigerated biscuit dough
- 12 ounces pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons basil
- Start by cutting your dough into 4 pieces (1 pieced of dough, cut to make 4 pieces)
- As soon as you cut the biscuit dough, place it into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella, basil, and any other toppings.
- Mix well, you want all of the biscuit dough to be covered with the sauce.
- Pour your dough sauce mixture into an air fryer safe pan, see my suggestions in the post.
- Cover with additional cheese if you would like it.
- Set your air fryer to 350 degrees F, for 7 minutes.
- Check to see if the dough is cooked all the way through, mine was not, so I added another 4 minutes at 350, you are looking for cooked dough, but not hard dough. So, check.
- Once fully cooked remove it from the air fryer, let cool before serving.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: taco style meals ground turkey calzone quick dinners easy kid-friendly dinner recipes cheap dinner ideas recipes using ground beef and pizza dough air fryer pizza with pre-made crust frozen pizza in air fryer oven air fryer pizza pita air fryer kid recipes air fryer pepperoni air fryer english muffin pizza air fryer flatbread air fryer pita bread air fryer pepperoni pizza new york margherita pizza new york pizza dough recipe 00 flour caputo oo flour pizza dough recipe