Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
My husband loves Chinese food, and I think when I was dating him, he had Chinese food every night.
While I like Chinese food too, it’s not too good for the waistline or the pocket book. So, I started to experiment with how to make Instant Pot Chinese food, because 1. I love my Instant pot 2. I don’t have time for simmering all day.
One of my children’s favorite things at the Chinese restaurant is Orange Chicken, so I tweaked a few recipes I found on the web and came up with this,
I hope you try it and enjoy it because it tastes really good!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (diced into cubes, about 1 inch)
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce (gluten free is available)
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 to 4 tablespoons of water
- 3 tablespoons of any type of flour (substitute gluten free if you want)
- Garnishes: green onions (sliced) or more sauce
- In the Instant Pot add the chicken, water, soy sauce, brown sugar, red wine vinegar and chili powder
- Mix well, so that the sauce is over the chicken, which will allow it to absorb the flavor
- Lock the lid into place and change it to sealed.
- Press manual and set it for 5 minutes
- When it's done do a quick release, then remove the lid,
- add the marmalade, water The (2-4 tablespoons only), flour, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Then unplug and re-plug it in and press saute, and saute until the sauce is thickening.
- Serve on top of rice or the rice on the side.
- Garnish and enjoy!