My son came to me with a baking project he saw on Tik Tok, a homemade Hot Cocoa Bomb. The idea hit me; I could totally make them, so my project for today– Hot Cocoa Bombs!
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons hot chocolate powder
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Melt your chocolate chips and oil in a medium-sized bowl in the microwave for 30-second intervals until completely melted.
- Add your chocolate to the hot cocoa bomb mold. Make sure every part of the circle is covered in chocolate. Try to make the chocolate coating thick as it could break the thinner the layer of chocolate is.
- Freeze your mold and chocolate.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, remove it from the mold.
- Fill one half of the mold with your marshmallows and hot chocolate powder.
- Warm a small plate in the microwave for 30 seconds. Take the other half of the bomb and twist your hand from left to right. The chocolate will start to melt on the edges.
- Place the two rounds together. The round melted on edge will act as a sealant and melt the chocolate together to form a round ball (bomb) shape.
- Place in your favorite mug, pour hot milk over it, watch the magic happen, and enjoy!
Keywords: Hot Cocoa Bombs