Air Fryer Meringue Cookies are a quick and easy way to make a tasty treat. The Air Fryer cooks the cookies evenly and quickly, and the resulting cookies are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside
Air Fryer Meringue Cookies are a delicious, healthier alternative to traditional fried meringue cookies. These cookies are made with egg whites, sugar, and vanilla extract, and are cooked in an air fryer.
Air Fryer Meringue Cookies are low in calories and fat and are a great option for those looking for a light, sweet treat. These cookies can be enjoyed as-is or can be dipped in chocolate or sprinkles for an extra special treat. For a quick and easy dessert, Air Fryer Meringue Cookies are a perfect choice!
Sweet & Simple Meringue Cookies
Sweet and simple meringue cookies are a classic dessert that can be enjoyed any time of year. Made with just a few basic ingredients, these delicate cookies are light, airy, and subtly sweet.
The key to perfect meringues is to whip the egg whites until they are stiff and glossy, then slowly add in the sugar until the mixture is thick and glossy. Be sure not to overmix, or your cookies will be tough instead of tender.
Once the dough is ready, simply pipe it onto a parchment-lined air fryer and air fry it until crisp. Whether you enjoy them on your own or dipped in chocolate, Sweet & Simple Meringue Cookies are a timeless treat that is sure to please.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Meringue Cookies
If you’re looking for a light and fluffy treat, air fryer meringue cookies are the perfect dessert. Made with just a few simple ingredients, these cookies are super easy to make and can be cooked in minutes. Plus, they’re naturally gluten-free and low in calories, so you can feel good about indulging. Here’s what you’ll need to make air fryer meringue cookies:
- Egg: You are going to be using the egg whites, make sure you are using large, room temperature eggs.
Cream of Tartar: this powder can be used to stabilize egg whites, and add volume to the egg whites, as you beat them.
- Salt: Adds some flavor to the cookies
- Sugar; I used granulated whites sugar but you can easily replace it with a sugar substitute
- Vanilla Extract: For the best flavor, use pure vanilla extract
How To Make Meringue Cookies In The Air Fryer
Add parchment paper to the bottom of your air fryer basket.
Using a stand or hand mixer, beat the egg whites until they start to thicken. Add the cream of tartar and salt and continue mixing until stiff peaks start to form.
While still mixing, slowly add the sugar, one tablespoon at a time, until each spoonful is thoroughly incorporated into the egg whites. Repeat until all the sugar is added and the mixture becomes stiff and glossy.
Add the pure vanilla extract and mix until just incorporated into the batter.
Spoon the mixture into an icing bag fitted with a decorative tip. Gently pipe the mixture onto the parchment sheets to create small equal-sized cookies. Cookies may be relatively close together because they won’t spread out while baking.
Air Fry at 310 degrees for 3 to 5 minutes. Allow the cookies to dry, before removing them from the parchment paper.
Tips For The Best Air Fried Meringue Cookies
While traditional meringue cookies are made with whipped egg whites and sugar, air fried meringue cookies are made by mixing these ingredients together and then cooking them in an air fryer. The result is a crispy, light cookie that is perfect for a quick snack or dessert. Here are some tips for making the best air fried meringue cookies:
- Make sure that the egg whites are stiff before adding the sugar. This will help to create a light, fluffy cookie.
- Use a piping bag to pipe the batter onto the air fryer basket. This will help to create uniform cookies that cook evenly.
- Cook the cookies on a low heat setting. This will prevent them from burning while still allowing them to get crispy.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container. This will help to keep them fresh for longer.
Following these tips, you can enjoy delicious, homemade air fried meringue cookies any time!
How To Store Meringue Cookies
There are a few things to keep in mind when storing these wondrous cookies. First, they should be kept in an airtight container. A plastic bag will do, but make sure to squeeze all the air out of it before sealing.
Second, they should be stored in a cool, dry place. Meringue cookies are delicate and can easily be damaged by heat or humidity.
How Long Do Meringue Cookies Last
It’s best to eat them within a week of baking. Of course, they’ll still be delicious after that, but they won’t be quite as perfect as when they’re fresh out of the oven, or air fryer
Can You Freeze Meringue Cookies
Yes, you can freeze meringue cookies. In fact, freezing is the best way to store them. Meringue cookies are made with whipped egg whites and sugar. They are light and airy with a crisp outer shell.
How To Freeze Meringue Cookies
Once made, they can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks. If you want to keep them for longer, you can freeze them for up to three months. When you’re ready to eat them, simply thaw the cookies at room temperature or in the fridge.
Sugar-Free Meringue Cookies Recipe
If you are looking for a sugar-free meringue cookie recipe, you can easily substitute the granulated white sugar with a sugar-free alternative, such as Stevia. Follow the recipe card below, using the same quantity of sugar substitute.
Meringue Cookies without Cream Of Tartar Recipe
Although meringue cookies are traditionally made with cream of tartar, it is actually possible to make them without this ingredient. The key to success is to use very fresh egg whites and to be careful not to overbeat the mixture. If you do not have the cream of tartar on hand, you can simply omit it from the recipe.
Your meringue cookies may not be quite as light and fluffy, but they will still be delicious. Simply follow the steps below to create meringue cookies without cream of tartar.
More Air Fryer Cookie Recipes
More Air Fryer Cookie Recipes is a collection of recipes for cookies that can be made in an air fryer. This book includes recipes for chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal cookies, and Peanut Butter Cookies. The recipes are easy to follow and the results are delicious. These cookies are perfect for a snack or a dessert.
And, best of all, they are cooked in an air fryer, so they are healthy and low in fat. So, if you are looking for some new and exciting cookie recipes, be sure to check out More Air Fryer Cookie Recipes.
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Meringue Cookies
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add parchment paper to the bottom of your air fryer basket.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, beat the egg whites until they start to thicken. Add the cream of tartar and salt and continue mixing until stiff peaks start to form.
- While still mixing, slowly add the sugar, one tablespoon at a time, until each spoonful is thoroughly incorporated into the egg whites. Repeat until all the sugar is added and the mixture becomes stiff and glossy.
- Add the pure vanilla extract and mix until just incorporated into the batter.
- Spoon the mixture into an icing bag fitted with a decorative tip. Gently pipe the mixture onto the parchment sheets to create small equal-sized cookies. Cookies may be relatively close together because they won’t spread out while baking.
- Air Fry at 310 degrees for 3 to 5 minutes. Allow the cookies to dry, before removing them from the parchment paper.
- Air Fryer, or Ninja Foodi
- Parchment Paper