My husband grew up in Northern Ohio, and he loves pierogies, so I usually have a box in the freezer. My sister in law was over this weekend and wanted to know if I could “deep fry” them, which is a popular dish where they grew up.
- 1 package frozen pierogies
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Optional: marinara sauce for serving
- In one bowl mix together the egg and milk, mix well, then add a couple of pierogies and let soak for a minute or two.
- Then coat them with the bread crumb and cheese mixture.
- spray your air fryer basket or tray with olive oil, and then place the coated perogies on them. Set in the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F, then flip and air fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!