You can not go wrong with this recipe, I mean who doesn’t like something that is wrapped in Proscuitto? If are not familiar with Proscuitto, it is Italian ham, which is found at most grocery deli counters around America.
All you need to do for this recipe is grab a few slices of prosciutto and a few spears of asparagus, and wrap them; your result will be a huge and elegant vegetable side dish or appetizer for any holiday or a special meal.
Asparagus and prosciutto complement each other really well because you get the salt from the Italian ham and they make your roasted asparagus look fancy. (It’s also effortless, but produces a huge wow effect)
This is one of my kid’s favorite vegetables since they were toddlers. Since it’s packed with a ton of minerals, and it is a green vegetable, it’s hard to find a reason, not to pick them up at the grocery store, and they are in season, they are a bargain.
Asparagus is a great vegetable; it’s very versatile. The easiest way to prepare them without an air fryer is to blanch them and then toss them with some olive oil. One of the best flavors that go with asparagus is lemon, so if you buy a fresh lemon when you pick up your asparagus, be sure to try it.
There are a lot of health benefits to eating asparagus; they are as follows:
- They are nutritious; they have a ton of vitamins, including fiber, folate, Vitamin, A, C, E, and K, it also contains chromium with helps glucose levels.
- They have shown it to help fight cancer as it has a compound that breaks down carcinogens.
- Asparagus is packed with antioxidants; it helps slow down the aging process and reduce inflammation.
- They have shown it to increase brain activity.
Asparagus doesn’t last long in the refrigerator, here are tips on getting the most of your asparagus,
- Trim the ends off the asparagus, only about an inch. But keep the rubber band on as it will be easier to store.
- Store the asparagus in a glass filled with water, just enough water so that your cut off edges are in the water.
- If you store the asparagus in a plastic bag, standing up in the water, it should last for about 4-6 days.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Do NOT Forget to Pin—
This is a really easy recipe, to impress your guests, the olive oil roasted with the leeks and asparagus, creates a nutty flavor. A great side dish.
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 leek
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Start by cutting the stems off the asparagus.
Then dice the leeks. I only used the stems for this recipe.
Put the asparagus and leeks in a large mixing bowl, then add the olive oil, salt, and pepper, making sure that the leeks and asparagus are well coated.
Place the asparagus and leeks in the air fryer basket or on the air fryer tray, spreading them out.
Set either the basket or the tray back into the air fryer oven, and set the temperature for 350 degrees F, for 6 minutes, then after the 6 minutes, either toss if you have an air fryer basket or use tongs to flip if you have an air fry tray and set the timer for another 4 minutes.
Plate, serve and enjoy!