This is a wonderful and easy snack. It’s packed full of flavor and it’s extremely healthy to snack on, it’s also very high in protein, which makes it a great snack if you are on a diet because it will fill you up.
Chickpeas are a great choice for a snack because they have many health benefits, including:
- They are high in fiber, they are an excellent snack for people with diabetes, as it is shown that it reduces blood glucose levels.
- They are great for bone health because they contain iron, phosphate, calcium, magnesium, zinc, and vitamin K. These are all shown to improve bone strength and structure.
- Vitamin K also helps your body absorb calcium, which is great if you have osteoporosis.
- Chickpeas are low-sodium, which is great for keeping your blood pressure low.
- High fiber is shown to help cholesterol
- Chickpeas contain the mineral selenium which helps reduce cancer risks.
You can flavor chickpeas with any variety of spices, they absorb spices, rubs, etc, very well.
Here are some other chickpea recipes prepared in the air fryer.
Start by draining the chickpeas, the more liquid you can drain, the better the chickpeas will come out.
So, just leave them in a bowl, for about 30 minutes, and let them drain.
Gather your spices and olive oil.
Once your chickpeas are drained add the spices and olive oil.
Then mix well, combining all of the spices and olive oil.
I just received this great air fryer from Simple Living, It works like a charm and it’s very easy to use.
It makes Air Frying So Easy!!
Air Fryer chickpeas after 4 minutes at 390 degrees F, just do them for another 4 minutes.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer-Air Fried-Tex Mex Roasted Chickpeas
Such an easy recipe with the air fryer, and a great spice blend.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 15 ounces can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Star by draining your chickpeas. Let sit in the drainer for about 30 minutes.
- Then gather all of your spices and olive oil, and add them to the drained chickpeas.
- Mix well.
- Then use an air fryer safe pan and spread the chickpeas out to a single layer, set the time for 4 mintes at 390 degrees F.
- After 4 minute are up, mix well, and return to the air fryer and set for another 4 minutes.
- Remove from air fryer, plate, serve and enjoy!