Ninja Speedi Spaghetti and Meatballs — Are you searching for the perfect weeknight dinner recipe that’s quick and easy to make but still delivers flavor? Look no further than Ninja Speedi Spaghetti and Meatballs!
This delicious, crowd-pleasing meal is a guaranteed hit for adults and kids alike. With just 5 minutes of prep time, a few minutes of cooking time, and simple ingredients, this simple dish requires minimal effort while delivering maximum taste. Whip up this classic combination for your family tonight – it’s sure to become a new favorite in your home!
What is The Ninja Speedi?
The Ninja Speedi™ Rapid Cooker & Air Fryer empowers you to whip up a full 3-course dish in about 15 minutes using a single vessel. Thanks to its 12 versatile functions and Ninja’s advanced cooking system, you can simultaneously steam and air fry, crafting gourmet-style meals right in your kitchen.
Today’s adventure is homemade spaghetti and meatballs.
Ingredients Needed For Ninja Speedi Spaghetti and Meatballs
If you’re looking for a fast and easy dish that still tastes like your grandmother’s home cooking, then Ninja Speedi Spaghetti and Meatballs is the way to go. With only five simple ingredients packed with flavor, this hassle-free meal will surely please even the pickiest of eaters.
It takes 30 minutes from prep time to plate, so it’s perfect for busy families on weeknights or those who have yet to master their meal-prepping techniques. Ready your pots and pans; we have all the ingredients for this scrumptious dinner!
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Meatballs: Homemade or store-bought; for using frozen meatballs, instructions are below.
- Spaghetti: Use whole wheat, regular, or gluten-free, based on your preference.
- Pasta Sauce: Use your favorite pasta sauce
- Water: Cold water
- Seasonings and Spices: Optional Garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, and Red Pepper Flakes.
- Garnish: Fresh Parsley and Grated Parmesan Cheese
How To Make Spaghetti and Meatballs In Ninja Speedi
Are you looking for an easy way to make a tasty meal with little fuss? Then look no further than this delicious recipe for spaghetti and meatballs. With the help of Ninja Speedi appliances, you can whip up a fantastic dinner in no time!
This scrumptious dish is sure to delight your family and friends – it’s simple, hearty, and utilizes convenient pre-prepared ingredients that make it a cinch to prepare. Get ready to impress your guests with this tasty Italian classic made in ninja speed!
Step One: Add Ingredients To The NInja Speedi
To the bottom of the cavity, add the water, tomato sauce, and seasonings and mix well. Add in the broken noodles. Make sure that there is enough liquid to cover the noodles. If you need to add more water, add more water.
Step Two: Add Meatballs
Add the Criper tray to the Ninja Speedi, by expanding the legs from the corners. Then, place the meatballs on top of the crisper tray. Set the button to Speedi Meals, using 370 degrees F, for 12 minutes.
When the time is up, remove the meatballs, place them into the sauce and pasta, mix well, and then set the steam setting for an additional 10 minutes.
Step Three: Serving
Serve with your favorite seasonings and grated cheese.
Pro Tips For Cooking Ninja Speedi Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Layering is Key: Start with a layer of water, followed by the sauce, and finally, the spaghetti on top.
- Pasta Placement: Break the spaghetti in half and place it in a crisscross pattern. This helps prevent the pasta strands from sticking together.
- Adequate Liquid: Ensure there’s enough liquid to cook the pasta properly. The pasta must be completely submerged, not drowning, in liquid.
- Variety in Sauces: While marinara is a classic, don’t be afraid to experiment with other sauces like Alfredo, pesto, or a vodka sauce.
- Spaghetti Alternatives: You can use other pasta types. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Boosting Flavor: Add a bay leaf, some red pepper flakes, or a splash of red wine to the sauce for added depth of flavor.
- Cooking from Frozen: If you’re using frozen meatballs, there’s no need to thaw them. Just account for an additional couple of minutes of cooking time.
Remember, the beauty of the NInja Speedi is its versatility. While these tips will help, don’t hesitate to adjust and experiment to find your perfect recipe!
Do I need to use beef for the meatballs?
No, you can use a mix of meats, such as beef, pork, and veal, or even turkey or chicken. Some people prefer mixing meats for added flavor and texture.
Can I use store-bought sauce?
Yes, store-bought sauce can save time and be just as delicious. However, homemade sauce allows you to control the ingredients and adjust flavors to your liking.
How can I prevent my meatballs from falling apart?
Using breadcrumbs and eggs helps bind the meatballs together. Also, be sure not to overwork the meat when mixing, as it can make the meatballs tough.
Should I fry or bake my meatballs?
Both methods work. Frying gives the meatballs a crispy exterior, while baking is a healthier option and is less hands-on.
Why are my meatballs tough?
Overworking the meat mixture or not adding enough breadcrumbs or liquid can produce tough meatballs. It’s essential to mix until just combined for a tender result.
How can I add more flavor to my spaghetti sauce?
Fresh herbs, garlic, onions, red wine, and even a pinch of sugar can enhance the sauce’s flavor. Letting it simmer for longer also allows the flavors to meld together.
How long should I cook the spaghetti?
It’s best to follow the package instructions, but generally, spaghetti takes 8-12 minutes to cook to al dente in boiling salted water.
Can I make meatballs ahead of time and freeze them?
Yes, meatballs freeze well. You can freeze them raw or cooked. Store in an airtight container or freezer bag.
How do I reheat leftover spaghetti and meatballs?
You can reheat them in a microwave, but warm them in a pot over low heat for a better result. If the sauce has thickened, add a splash of water or broth.
Is there a vegetarian version of meatballs?
Yes, meatless balls can be made from mushrooms, lentils, chickpeas, or other plant-based ingredients.
Can I use gluten-free pasta?
Yes, but check its cooking time, as gluten-free pasta can have a different texture and cooking duration than traditional pasta.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Black Bean Burgers
- Air Fryer Boston Market Meatloaf
- Easy Air Fryer Cheesesteak Empanadas
- Easy Air Fryer Philly Cheesesteaks
- Air Fryer Burgers
- Air Fryer Blue Cheese Meatballs
Ninja Speedi Spaghetti and Meatball
- 1 1/2 cups water, cold
- 24 ounces pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon basil, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- 12 cooked meatballs, homemade or store-bought
- To the bottom of the cavity, add the water, tomato sauce, and seasonings and mix well. Add in the broken noodles. Make sure that there is enough liquid to cover the noodles. If you need to add more water, add more water.
- Add the Criper tray to the Ninja Speedi, by expanding the legs from the corners. Then, place the meatballs on top of the crisper tray. Set the button to Speedi Meals, using 370 degrees F, for 12 minutes.
- When the time is up, remove the meatballs, place them into the sauce and pasta, mix well, and then set the steam setting for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite seasonings and grated cheese.
- NInja Speedi Machine