Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs — Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs are a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for any occasion.
Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs Recipe–My son’s favorite lunch this year. He is a huge fan of Ikea, and this copycat version comes really close, and best yet, you can have this in the comfort of your own home.
This made for such an easy dinner last night, perfect. The meatballs are cooked to perfection with the Instant Pot’s help, and of course, the gravy makes the entire meal.
If you have not used the Instant Pot for making a meal, you are so missing out. I truly love a good “dump meal,”, especially during the week when I try to juggle work and the kids and their activities. Enter the Instant Pot–a game-changer.
The Best Instant Pot Swedish Meatball Recipe
My grandmother was actually from Sweden, so I have a great basis for her own Swedish Meatball Recipe, and I remember fondly sitting in her kitchen eating them. Today, I swapped out her homemade meatballs and made a copycat version using frozen meatballs. Easy and delicious. But if you want a great homemade Swedish meatball, feel free to replace them.
The directions are easy, and the ingredients you can purchase ahead of time and put in your pantry for a quick and easy meal when you have no idea what to make for dinner that night! I love those meals. So, much better than the drive-thru.
Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs Using Frozen Meatballs
Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs are a delicious and easy way to get a quick and tasty meal on the table. Whether you’re using frozen or fresh meatballs, this Instant Pot recipe is sure to please. The great thing about Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs is that they can be made in just minutes, using either frozen or fresh meatballs.
If you’re using frozen meatballs, simply add them to the Instant Pot with some water or stock, set the timer for the desired cook time, and let the Instant Pot do its work. In just minutes, you’ll have perfectly cooked Swedish meatballs that are ready to eat. And if you’re using fresh meatballs, the Instant Pot will cook them just as quickly. So whether you’re looking for a quick and easy meal solution for your family or friends, or you’re wanting to impress guests with your cooking skills, Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs are definitely the way to go.
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs
Swedish meatballs are a classic dish that can be enjoyed any time of year. And while they may traditionally be cooked in the oven, they can also be made in an Instant Pot. This versatile appliance can be used to cook meatballs in a fraction of the time, making it a great option for busy weeknights. So if you’re craving Swedish meatballs but don’t have much time to spare, an Instant Pot is the way to go.
- Beef Broth: You can also use homemade beef stock or vegetable stock.
- Milk: Use any of your favorite milk, you can also substitute for almond milk, coconut milk, or dairy-free milk.
- Water: Brings the Instant Pot to pressure.
- Cream of Mushroom Soup: Use your favorite, you can also use cream of chicken soup.
- Egg Noodles: Use your favorite, thick or thin egg noodle.
- Frozen Meatballs: Use your favorite, or use homemade meatballs!
How To Cook Swedish Meatballs In The Instant Pot
Add to the Instant Pot the beef broth, milk, water, a can of mushroom soup, and the egg noodles Add the meatballs in a single layer on top of it all.
Manually set the Instant Pot for 12 minutes. Cover and make sure the venting is sealed. At the 2-minute mark, (after naturally releasing) change the venting to venting, (remember please, it is hot, so do it with an oven mitt or kitchen towel) Once it has been released, open, and mix.
Tips For The Best Pressure Cooked Swedish Meatballs
Swedish meatballs are a traditional favorite that can be made easily in a pressure cooker!If you’re a fan of Swedish meatballs, then you’ll love them, even more, when they’re cooked in a pressure cooker. Here are some tips for getting the best results:
- Season well: Be generous with your seasonings, as they will be concentrated during cooking. Good options include salt, pepper, nutmeg, and allspice.
- Shape into small balls: This will help them to cook evenly and prevent them from falling apart.
- Cook in batches: Don’t overcrowd the pressure cooker, or the meatballs will steam instead of browning. Cook them in batches if necessary.
- Use a wire rack: Placing a wire rack at the bottom of the pressure cooker will prevent the meatballs from sticking and make them easier to remove when they’re done cooking.
- Brown before cooking: Just a quick sear in the pressure cooker will help to lock in flavor and juices.
- Reduce the sauce: The sauce will thicken as it reduces, so don’t cook it for too long or it may become overly thick.
- Serve with something starchy: The starch will help to absorb any excess fat from the meatballs and sauce. Good options include mashed potatoes, rice, or pasta.
Frequently Asked Questions
Norwegian meatballs vs Swedish meatballs
Norwegian meatballs and Swedish meatballs are two popular types of meatballs that are often enjoyed with a variety of dipping sauces. And Norwegian meatballs are typically made with ground beef, pork, or lamb, while Swedish meatballs are usually made with ground beef or pork.
Norwegian meatballs are also typically seasoned with salt, pepper, and onion, while Swedish meatballs are seasoned with allspice, nutmeg, and white pepper. Norwegian meatballs are traditionally served with a cream sauce, while Swedish meatballs are traditionally served with gravy or tomato-based sauce. While both Norwegian meatballs and Swedish meatballs are delicious, they each have their own unique flavor that makes them stand out from the other.
What to serve with Swedish meatballs
While Swedish meatballs are often thought of as a traditional winter dish, they can be enjoyed all year round. Serve them with boiled potatoes and a green salad for a light summer meal, or pair them with mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables for a hearty winter dinner. For a special treat, serve Swedish meatballs with creamy mashed potatoes and lingonberry jam. Whatever you choose to serve them with, Swedish meatballs are sure to be a hit!
More Instant Pot Recipes
The Instant Pot has quickly become one of the most popular kitchen appliances, and it’s not hard to see why. This versatile device can be used for everything from cooking a delicious meal to making a tasty dessert. And with so many different recipes available, there’s sure to be something for everyone. If you’re looking for more great Instant Pot recipes, here are a few to try.
For a hearty main dish, try the Instant Pot Beef Stew. This recipe combines beef, potatoes, carrots, and onions in a flavourful stew that will warm you up on a cold day. And since it’s made in the Instant Pot, it’s quick and easy to make.
If you’re in the mood for something lighter, give the Instant Pot Lemon Chicken a try. This dish is full of fresh flavors, and it’s ready in just 30 minutes.
Looking for a delicious dessert? The Instant Pot Chocolate Cake is sure to please. This rich and moist cake is made with just a few simple ingredients, and it’s ready in just minutes. So if you’re craving something sweet, give this recipe a try.
These are just a few of the great Instant Pot recipes available. So if you’re looking for more meal ideas, be sure to check out the many different recipes that are out there. With so many delicious options to choose from, you’re sure to find something that everyone will love.
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 12 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 16 ounces egg noodles
- 24 ounces meatballs, frozen
- Add to the instant pot the beef broth, milk, water, can of mushroom soup, and the egg noodles
- Add the meatballs in a single layer on top of it all.
- Manually set the instant pot for 12 minutes.
- Cover and make sure the venting is sealed
- At the 2-minute mark, (after naturally releasing) change the venting to venting, (remember please, it is hot, so do it with an oven mitt or kitchen towel)
- Once it has been released, open, and mix.
- Then serve and enjoy!
- Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi