My family’s dinner, I didn’t know what to make for my kid’s first official back to school, so I made some Instant Pot Mac & Cheese and grabbed a package of BBQ Ribs.
Also, look for a great BBQ sauce, this will really bring your packaged ribs up a notch.
This is my mind is the perfect meal, using the Instant Pot and the air fryer, no oven, no huge cleanup, a simple, but a good old fashioned meal. Hearty for the entire family, especially on nights, where my youngest has hockey practice.
So, if you have not made ribs in the air fryer it’s really a simple, simple meal, and below I will give you some tips to air frying them to perfection.
Tips for Preparing Ribs in the Air Fryer–
- Buy the right ribs. Look around the grocery market, what rib packages are available. I usually go for what every package is on sale, and they are always on sale.
- About 30 minutes before you are ready to cook the ribs, simply take them out of the package and place them on a large cutting board or plate.
- Allowing them to come to room temperature, will give you a better tasting rib dinner.
- Then season them with some spices, grab your favorite, maybe some salt, pepper, paprika, ginger, onion powder, and garlic powder (those are my personal favorite for ribs.
- This step depends on the air fryer you own. Decide how to cut them, then cut them so they fit, but are not overcrowding the air fryer.
- Preheat your air fryer, preheating always gives a nice char to meat. (Especially steak). Again, depending on your air fryer you may or may not have a preheat function. If you do not, simply run the air fryer (with no food in, but the basket in) for 5-10 minutes at the recipes cook temperature.
- Then CAREFULLY add your food, remember your air fryer is going to be hot.
- Continue with the cooking instructions in the recipe.
- But, after you cook your ribs, let the meat rest for about 5-10 minutes, this gives the juices to settle in the middle. They usually move into the middle.
Some Other Air Fryer Rib Recipes—
Don’t Forget To Pin—Print
Air Fryer, The Juiciest and Most Tender Smoked BBQ Ribs
These are fall off the bone good, they are so tender. I used some extra sauce and really caramelized the sauce.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer, Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 rack baby back whole or half rack
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Start by patting the ribs down with a paper towel, then add the salt, pepper, and liquid smoke. After you rub it into the ribs, leave for about 5 minutes.
- Rub the BBQ Sauce over the RIbs. Covering both the top and the bottom of the ribs.
- Place the ribs into the air fryer basket.
- Set the timer for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F, and then flip them for another 5 minutes. Baste the ribs with additional BBQ Sauce.
- Check the internal temperature of the ribs, they should be at 145 degrees F.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: Babyback Ribs Air Fryer, Baby Back, Ribs Air Fryer