Air Fryer Cherry Cobbler — If you’re anything like me, sometimes you want a classic dessert. Something that feels old-fashioned and comforting. Well, I’ve got the perfect recipe for you: cherry cobbler! The best part is, you can make it in your air fryer, so it’s a breeze to make. Give it a try today!
Homemade Air Fryer Cherry Cobbler, yummy! What is a better dessert? Serve it with a scoop of ice cream on top, and you have a wonderful dessert, anytime in summer, spring, winter, or fall?
This is a very simple recipe. It makes a perfect dessert and so easy to make.
What is A Cobbler?
If you are not familiar with cobblers, they are simply a dessert with a bottom layer of fruit. However, some cobblers have a more savory filling. The top layer is usually biscuits, dumplings, or a batter dough.
They have been around since colonial times.
What Ingredients Are in An Air Fryer Cherry Cobbler?
Today’s cherry cobbler has a very simple filling.
For the Filling:
Cherries: Today, I used a canned filling. You can switch this out for any canned fruit.
For the Batter:
Flour: All-purpose flour, but you can change it out for whole wheat or gluten-free, but note that the texture might change.
Sugar: I used granulated sugar.
Baking Powder: This makes the biscuits rise and gives the biscuits a great light texture.
Milk: Any milk or cream can be used
Butter: For this recipe, unsalted works best since the biscuits will become too salty if you use salted butter.
How To Make Air Fryer Cherry Cobbler
In a small bowl, mix the flour, sugar, and baking powder
Then mix in the milk, mix well.
In the microwave or small saucepan, melt the butter. Pour the melted butter on the bottom of your 8×8 pan.
Pour the batter directly on top of the melted butter.
Then pour the cherry pie filling on top of the batter. No mixing is required. Follow the rest of the recipe below in the recipe card.
Items Used in This Recipe, affiliate links, included:
Don’t Forget to Pin,
Air Fryer Cherry Cobbler
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- Start by mixing together the flour, sugar and baking powder, and milk in a small bowl.
- Mix everything together until it’s nice and well blended.
- Then in the microwave or small saucepan, melt the butter.
- Pour the melted butter into the bottom of your 8×8 pan, and then pour the batter and cherry filling on top. Do not mix, it will all bubble up, during the cooking time.
- Set your air fryer to 320 degrees F, and set the time for 20 minutes.After 20 minutes, check the batter, you are looking for golden brown, I put my cobbler back in the air fryer for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer, let cool.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Baking Pan
- Cooking Spray