So, you have been following my blog for a while, you know, I’m all about real food for real people. Because, I don’t throw away food, I serve it to my family and friends. So, today, I wanted to show you a very simple recipe, which needs no introduction by me. It’s one of the most popular recipes, how to make a homemade chocolate bundt cake with ganache frosting. A true classic.
It’s a very simple recipe, all you need to do is spend a few minutes mixing up the cake ingredients and then pour it into a lovely bundt cake, this presentation of the cake is a show stopper and only you and me, will know it took you hardly any time.
If you want more homemade from scratch recipes, I have one for chocolate and one for vanilla. Both are equally awesome, although since I’m a chocolate person (really a chocolate lover, of all things chocolate), I would prefer the chocolate one on my birthday.
One of the best reasons to make the cake in the air fryer is that you really don’t have to watch it. You can set the time and forget about it, and it turns off by itself. And since today, I am having a birthday party, letting me worry about other things, is a luxury.
So, pick out your favorite cake mix. Then grab this fabulous Fat Daddio’s Pan, that is my absolute favorite and I use it both in the Instant Pot and Air Fryer (talk about double duty)
And remember to use a non-stick cooking spray to coat the pan, just as if you were making a regular cake. then follow the directions, and you will have a huge dessert hit at your next birthday party, function, or just as a great dessert in the middle of a hectic week.
I hope you and your family enjoy!
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Ninja Foodi 1400 Watt Multi Cooker, Pressure Cooker, Steamer, and Air Fryer w/TenderCrisp Technology, Pressure & Crisping Lid, 6.5 Qt Pot
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Chocolate Bundt Cake with Ganache Frosting
This is such an easy recipe. My kids love the homemade taste of hte chocolate cake and were really in love by the time I put the ganache on top! It’s a great and delicious dessert, for any evening.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 40
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Chocolate For Cake:
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespooon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
Homemade Chocolate Ganache:
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Start by adding the sugar, salt, baking soda and eggs into a large mixing bowl.
- Cream them all together, this will ensure a fluffy cake.
- Then mix in the sour cream, vegetable oil, vanilla and flour.
- Mix well.
- Then add the boiling water and cocoa powder to a small bowl (I used my measuring cup) and stir until all of the powder is mixed in.
- Then add the chocolate mixture to the cake mixture, and mix well.
- Meanwhile, prepare your pan, using non-stick cooking spray (with flour works best for bundt cakes)
- Then pour in the mixture.
- Set the time for 15 minutes at 320 degrees F.
Note: Use a toothpick to see if the cake is fully cooked if it is not, add another 3 minutes, repeat adding 3 minutes, until the cake is fully cooked. NEVER eat a raw cake.
- Let the cake cool
- Then add the heavy cream and heat it up, (I used the microwave) then add the chocolate chips, mix until the chips are melted.
- Pour over the cake.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: bundt cake in air fryer air fryer chocolate cake air fryer pound cake recipe air fryer cake recipes air fryer box cake recipe how to make a bundt cake in air fryer lemon pound cake in air fryer air fryer butter cake recipe