Everyone uses ground beef, at least once per week in their cooking, I thought it was a great time to talk about how to purchase ground beef, what to look for and some pointers.
- Ground beef is actually a combination of beef cuts. It usually is a combination of chuck, round and sirloin. Some labels, at the grocery store, may include the cut of meat that is ground.
- Always purchase ground meat that is bright red. You can tell older ground meat by the color, if it is brown or gray, do not purchase it, as it indicates that it is older.
- For huge savings purchase a family pack of ground beef and then freeze some of the meat for later.
- Look for a tightly wrapped package of meat, avoid a package with loose plastic wrap or a tear.
- Here are some guides for purchasing ground beef due to leanness:
- Not less than 73% lean-This is normal just labeled ground beef. This meat is good for chilis, soups, sloppy joes and pizzas.
- Not less than 80% lean-This meat is used best in meat loves, meatballs and hamburgers
- Not less than 85% lean-This is best used in casseroles
The most important thing to remember when using ground meat is that it is very versatile.
- Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Cheddar and Bacon Burgers
This was a really juicy hamburger, made with both cheddar and bacon, it really kept the moisture and flavor of the burger in.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 package onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- Start in a medium-size mixing bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion soup mix, sharp cheddar cheese, and crumbled bacon.
- Then form patties, place them onto the air fryer pan or basket.
- Then place in the air fryer, set the temperature to 400 degrees F, for 5 minutes, after 5 minutes, flip the burgers and air fry for another 5 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: bacon wrapped burgers in air fryer air fryer bacon air fryer burgers air fryer burger patties air fryer bourbon bacon burger air fryer turkey burgers brat patties in air fryer gowise air fryer burger