Air Fryer, Recipes and Tips
- You don’t need to preheat your air fryer, the only time that I preheat mine, is when I am cooking beef, and I want a really good sear on the steak.
2. If you have any type of bread coating on your food, and you do not spray GENEROUSLY with olive oil, you will end up with either brown spots or white spots, depending on the meat, so make sure your coating is moist.
3. Parchment paper is a God Send, especially if you are using your basket for several dishes in one meal, it’s relatively cheap, the deal is currently $5.79, for 100 pieces.
4. Another great time saver and time saver for cleaning is to use disposable pans, which will help you in your clean up time, I always stock up when there is a sale, just look for compact sizes, that fit most air fryers, I recommend this set, which is a standard size.
5. Season your air fryer (basket models only) This is the same exact procedure that most cast iron owners have done for centuries, it works for them, and it helps keep the food from stick and your air fryer basket from peeling. I recommended using coconut oil since it has a high smoke point. I wrote up the instructions here.
6. Invest in a good quality olive oil sprayer, you will end up saving a lot of money and hastle, but just getting a great one on the start of your air fryer journye. My recommendations,